Head of Communications // Climate Labs
What if we could actually do something about climate change? Immediately. Effectively. Collectively. That’s our vision: Make powerful, measurable climate action available to everyone – and then scale it up!
We are a team of serial entrepreneurs, with a track record of building category-defining products, backed by Berlin’s top early-stage funders. In 2020 we will launch our solution of empowering millions to act as one united force for the planet.
We are right now looking for an experienced Head of Communications to join us in bringing this vision to live and tell a story that has the power to change the world. As one of the first hires, this is your opportunity to join an award-winning team in the early stage of a new venture, shape an ambitious project as well as your own role, and grow both to a level of substantial impact for good.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy.
- Real social impact and global reach.
- Quality-driven environment.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Free gym membership, metro ticket, and compensation of your personal CO2 footprint.
- Flexible hours and a remote-friendly environment.
- Become part of a creative, friendly and purpose-driven team.
- These are the early days — your input will make a real difference!
Once here, you will
- work directly with the CEO in shaping the voice of the brand, and articulate our vision in a compelling and authentic way.
- own all aspects of public communications, spanning from product wording to video production, marketing creatives, social media, press relations, and expert branding.
- have editorial oversight vis-a-vis external authors and filmmakers to create compelling written content as well as ambitious visual storytelling.
- be the liaison to coordinate directly with external agencies on PR and marketing campaigns.
- work very hands-on, side-by-side with the founder team.
- build and lead your own team as we grow.
What you will bring along
- 5+ years of diverse experience in consumer-focused communications in the US or the UK (and Germany).
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrable track record in leading and producing outstanding editorial content and/or marketing campaigns.
- Experience working in extremely fast-paced and dynamic company environments.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to break down complex ideas into simple and compelling narratives.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Having worked in sustainability/climate change is a plus. Caring deeply for the environment is a must.
- You are calm and focused under pressure and re-orient quickly in changing environments.
- You take complete ownership of your tasks from start to finish. When you don\’t fully understand something, you take the opportunity to learn and grow.
- You consider work-life balance essential to long-term happiness and productivity.
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application!