Head of Community Management (F/M/D) // streetfootballworld
About Common Goal
Common Goal (powered by streetfootballworld) is a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges in the world today – from HIV/AIDS to gender inequality to youth unemployment. The UN has defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals.
The idea is simple: Common Goal’s members (football players, managers, fans and businesses) pledge 1% of their earnings to a central fund. And together we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the Global Goals.
Since Common Goal’s inception in August 2017, more than 70 professional football players and managers, including Bayern Munich defender Mats Hummels, Juventus Turin’s Giorgio Chiellini and USWNT’s Alex Morgan, influential football officials such as UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin, football legends such as Eric Cantona and a first professional club (FC Nordsjaelland of the top flight league Denmark) have joined the movement.
About the Role
As Head of Community Management, you’ll be responsible for the development and delivery of Common Goal’s member experience – from welcoming and on-boarding new members to the Common Goal team to staging community events that foster member engagement and connection to sharing news updates and stories that enable our members to experience the impact of their pledges.
Based at streetfootballworld’s headquarters in Berlin, you will build and lead a dedicated community management team, innovate and establish member service processes and collaborate closely with Common Goal’s Chief Operating Officer and other departments to set the Common Goal movement up for scale.
- To represent Common Goal publicly towards members and business partners and eloquently communicate the why, what and how of Common Goal
- To oversee each stage of the member on-boarding, donation and impact reporting process, ensuring that our members receive the right information at the right time and can experience the difference they are making
- To organise community events that drive member engagement and connection
- To support the coordination of member media appearances and field visits
- To gather feedback on our members’ motivations, needs and satisfaction levels
- To design and implement member service offers and processes that help boost operational efficiency and enhance the experience of our members
- To keep track of and organise financial information that feeds into our P/L statements
- To build and lead a team dedicated to delivering a brilliant member experience
- You hold a university degree in marketing, communications, business administration, sociology or a similar field of studies and are familiar with agile methodologies like design thinking
- You have a minimum of four years professional work experience and understand donor/customer centric communications and experience design
- You are an empathic leader and communicator skilled at building relationships and bringing out the best in people around you
- You are a thoughtful and strategic decision-maker, interested in various perspectives and constantly looking for improved ways of doing business
- You possess strong organisational skills and an ability to multitask
- You have experience using CRM software and are an avid user of Microsoft Ofice Suite and Google Applications (Analytics, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- You are perfectly fluent in English (any other languages are a plus)
- You thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause
- The opportunity to play a key role in growing a movement that seeks to unleash the power of football for social development on a global scale
- A motivating work culture with flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours, an inspiring and centrally located office and 30 days annual leave to enable an optimal balance between work and family life
- A full-time position based in Berlin with an initial 18-month contract to ideally start in April 2019 at fair conditions with the intention of extension into a long-term position
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Head of Community Management? If so, then please submit your application including your CV, references, and a cover letter, as well as your salary expectations, via our online application form until Feb 20, 2019.
Further questions can be directed by email to Manuel Normann: normann(at)streetfootballworld.org.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.