Junior Consultant for German publications (f,m,d)
We strive to design the future of independent media. From blogs and online magazines to podcasts and newsletters: Steady enables digital media and creatives to access a sustainable income and independence via memberships. In these times of crisis, our mission is to empower more and more publishers to make their voices heard.
Our office is located in the Kulturbrauerei in Berlin but we are open to flexible, remote work solutions.
We are a small but dedicated team, striving to make a big difference in the European media landscape. This is an exciting opportunity to make a large impact on this, in a student/entry-level position (max. 20 hours per week).
Goals of this position
- Help maintain growth in our strong, home market of DACH (German speaking countries Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
- Work closely with and support the Sales team to build a network of external partners to maximise impact of our sales/marketing activities
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications team to help grow the Steady brand further in DACH
- Manage relationships with existing DACH publishers
- Work closely with the local DACH team to bring good-fit publishers to Steady
- Qualify good-fit publishers from a steady stream of inbound leads and convert them into Steady users
- Use your own understanding of the local media landscape to find and reach out to good-fit publishers
- Support the Marketing team in building and localizing content for the DACH market
About you: You have…
- Desire to see independent publishers getting paid for excellent creative content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Strong motivation to work in a customer-facing role
- Determination: you are not deterred by a lack of immediate success
- A curious mind and not afraid to have conversations with strangers
- Basic tech literacy and some experience of tools such as G-suite, shared documents and communication tools
- Above all you are motivated by a desire to play a key role in the growth of Steady
What we offer
- Be part of a dynamic international scaling team, working with sales, marketing, content, PR and community experts
- Varied tasks working with Europe’s fantastic independent media makers – guaranteeing a fast learning curve in an exciting environment
- Work at home or in our office in the Kulturbrauerei – whichever you prefer (and depending on the current Corona rules)
- Flexible working hours: Apart from regular meetings, you can flexibly arrange your 20 hours over the week
- 15€ per hour, permanent part-time employment possible
Our recruitment process
Steady is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is building a team accordingly. It’s also really important to us to find the very best people we possibly can for our team, regardless of their background, and to be transparent.
As the first step in our process, we ask some simple screening questions which are separated from your name and marked blind, in order to reduce potential unconscious bias. Look out for the questions as the first step of the application. Later on, we’ll want to get to know you and your experience better as part of the interview process and will give you time to meet people from our team.
If you think you could be a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you. Even if you’re not sure you have the right experience, you can always get in touch and have a chat with one of us.