Marketing Content Manager (m/f/d)
EqualTo is an early stage b2b software company based in Germany. We build transparent sales commission software. Our team consists of experienced SaaS entrepreneurs, engineers and UX designers, with big ambitions. We have done a complete rethink of how one should manage sales commissions resulting in a uniquely positioned product: the first truly transparent, self-service commission platform, combining the flexibility of spreadsheets with the scalability of SaaS. We currently all work remote, with a remote-first future and small office in Berlin.
Incentive compensation should do one thing: motivate people. But in countless companies, it’s a source of frustration, disputes and tedious admin. We are on a mission to make sales commissions transparent, easy and most importantly: motivating.
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for EqualTo’s organic content strategy, search engine optimization, and strategic content creation process.
With a strong focus on driving qualified leads and organic revenue by producing creative and impactful content that engages our target persona. This person will develop a strong understanding of our target audience and strive to deliver content that attracts that person to EqualTo.
What you would do
- Develop, implement, and track the performance of an editorial strategy and roadmap for content
- Write, edit, produce, publish, and promote industry-leading content including videos, eBooks, infographics, and blogs
- Own the Internal communication and social amplification functions and efficiently lead external agencies, vendors, creative teams, and copywriters.
- Establish goals and clearly defined metrics of success to measure the quality of content, audience growth, engagement, and content reach.
- Work collaboratively with demand and product marketing to create content that aligns with the company goals and objectives
- Strive to produce content that breaks through the clutter
- Stay up to date on the emerging topics in the sales performance landscape to make content strategy recommendations and changes
What we are looking for
- You are a Passionate Storyteller – Experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build powerful stories in multiple formats (written, video, blogs) that connect our industry solutions/products/personas to values and benefits.
- Project management skills – Ability to manage a content calendar and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong writer and editor – Flexibility to write a newsworthy blog post, and copy edit content from contributors without content marketing backgrounds.
- Social guru – Experience managing social media accounts and understand how to grow social following and drive engagement.
- Campaign driven – Deep understanding of SEO, the marketing funnel/hourglass, and the customer journey process that support demand generation.
- Measurement focused – Demonstrated know-how in using metrics (specifically SEO) to show marketing and content ROI.
- Team player – Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, high-growth, fast paced environment.
- 3+ years content marketing experience and results, preferably in a B2B SaaS or software company
- Creatively generated unique solutions or ideas to fix complex problems.
- Drive, passion, and always looking for ways to improve current marketing efforts.
About our work culture
We are an informal company with a transparent, friendly and fast-paced work culture. It’s an inspiring place to work, because we are good at what we do and we love doing it. In a startup, it’s all about figuring stuff out – fast. We’re efficient and we respect each other’s time. When we make mistakes, we happily admit them and try to do better next time. The best ideas win and we don’t waste time on politics. Everyone, in any role, takes ownership of our product and the customer experience, and we make it a little bit better every day.