Marketing Director at Music-Tech Startup
At Skoove, we unlock the magic of playing an instrument. With more than 1 million users today, we create an interactive app to learn piano. With our team of more than 20 certified music nuts, we combine music learning science, audio technology, and machine learning to build a unique company in the music tech space.
We are looking for a key player at Skoove! In this very broad senior role, you will drive customer acquisition and conversion initiatives from conception to completion – rapidly growing our international customer base. This role leads all channels and is responsible to report on performance for the entire funnel from first touch to sale. You direct an international team of 3 marketing experts, plus freelancers. The team lead for end customer support is reporting to you as well.
Our ideal candidate is a result-driven customer growth professional and natural team leader, with a 5+ years track record in a similar broad role in the app economy. You love an analytic and strategic approach to customer growth and can\’t wait to translate your conclusions into results, test, and iterate. You have what it takes to lead our marketing team? Apply now!
- Strategy and planning: Define and monitor yearly and quarterly objectives and set priorities. Manage the marketing budget.
- Team lead: Manage and grow our team of marketing experts. We work with a mix of on-staff and permanent freelancers. In total about 5 FTEs today.
- Paid advertising: Run ROI positive campaigns on Facebook, Google, Apple Search Ads, and with Chinese agencies. Define and coordinate creation of creative.
- CRM: Constantly optimise on-boarding and re-engagement email and push campaigns and ensure high engagement with large email audiences.
- Partnerships: Initiate and close partnerships and implement campaigns with artists, brands, influencers, and other partners.
- App Store Optimisation and SEO: Work with App and Play stores and agencies to constantly optimise store page conversion, app, and web rankings.
- Social: Organise and publish articles, competitions, videos, etc. on our magazine and FB/Insta.
- Reporting: Constantly test, measure, and optimise across all channels.
- Marketing Tech: Manage the relationships to our marketing service partners and select the best in class partners together with our CEO and CTO.
- End customer support: You over see the end customer support team. The head of support is reporting to you. In total the support team consists of 3 FTEs today.
- Report directly to the CEO.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on customer acquistion and conversion role at small or medium web / app developers.
- Proven track record to lead an international team; you excel at recruiting, motivating and growing your divers team members.
- Energetic and tenacious personality with entrepreneurial approach and strong closing skills; used to deliver results independently
- Track record of developing and executing very cost effective customer acquisition campaigns including paid advertising
- Hands on proficiency with marketing tech stack: Stores, web, and social analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords, Appsflyer, Mixpanel, …
- Music and technology lover with broad musical knowledge and understanding of music making
- Experience managing suppliers and implementing partnerships
- Bachelor\’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or other related area
- Very good English language skills, German a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Join an exceptional multinational team of 30 and shape the future of music education
- Invest your time and energy into a meaningful and beautiful product that improves the lives of people
- Enjoy a positive and purpose-driven working atmosphere in our office in Berlin Friedrichshain
- Enjoy flexible working hours. 1/3 of the days can be spent remote
- Your work will make a difference and will be recognised inside and outside the company.
EU working permit
Join an exceptional multinational team and shape the future of music making. Enjoy a positive and purpose-driven working atmosphere in our office in Berlin-Friedrichshain. You have what it takes to make a difference? Come, join the band!