Tandem is the leading global language learning community, where 13 million members in over 180 countries practice languages together. The concept of learning from each other is not only an integral part of the Tandem community but it is also at the heart of our everyday lives at Tandem. This shared connection through learning helps us to grow and enhances the language journeys of our members.
We are based in Berlin and are backed by top European investors. We are highly international and driven by a shared passion for languages, technology, and culture. Together, we are on a mission to build a product that not only teaches a new skill but also encourages meaningful cross-cultural conversations.
Your role will be to:
- Own the entire App Store Optimization strategy including keyword research, metadata conception, A/B testing roadmap and execution, as well as collaborating with our designers and copywriter to create new visual elements.
- Work with the website team on Tandem’s SEO content strategy and execution to maximize organic traffic and increase the number of installs coming from the website. This will include helping to build out a product-led SEO initiative.
- Create your own roadmap of bold experiments to drive measurable improvements in Tandem’s organic growth and deliver results to the team and the broader organization.
- Build on existing measuring, analyzing, and reporting dashboards for ASO and SEO so as to understand your impact and how to take it to the next level.
- Manage external content writers and work with translators to diversify Tandem’s website content and create outstanding app store optimization metadata.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape (e.g with AppRadar) and stay up to date with industry best practices through research and testing.
- Own Tandem’s social media channels working with user-generated content and planning seasonal campaigns.
You are the right fit for the role if you:
- have 2+ years of experience in mobile marketing (organic, ASO, SEO etc.).
- have a clear understanding of the mobile marketing landscape, performance, and organic marketing channels for mobile apps.
- have Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, paired with a data-driven and creative work style.
- have a passion for learning and personal growth.
- are a great communicator and team player.
- are fluent in English; additional languages are considered a plus.
Passion for languages
We’re a team of 32 people speaking 20 languages fluently between us. For those wanting to improve their German (or Denglisch!), you can join one of our German classes on us. We also run regular Spanish, Russian, and German lunches!
Take a deep dive
As a Tandem team member, we’ll give you a budget for up to 6 “Deep Dive Days” per year. Pick a topic you’ve always wanted to explore for your professional development that has never made it out of your backlog. Then book a cabin in the woods or whatever matches your individual learning style.
Teams who train together, stay together
We offer Urban Sports Club gym memberships to boost our team’s physical and mental health. If you prefer, we can contribute to your monthly public transport ticket instead.
It takes a team to Tandem
Bonding with our teammates outside of our normal work routine is important to us. We organize regular team events: from day trips to weekly lunches, to Friday beers, summer BBQs, and board games.
Life isn’t just about work. We know when to snooze Slack notifications, recharge our batteries, and take time out for our personal hobbies. As home office becomes the new normal for some of us, it’s even more important to be able to switch off from work and relax.
As part of our family-friendly company philosophy, we embrace flexible working hours, welcome families to our events, and love for our kids to visit the office and get a taste of life at Tandem.
Relocation without the stress
If you’re looking to relocate to Berlin, we’re ready to assist you with the infamous German bureaucracy. Many of us have been through it before, so we have plenty of tips to share. You’ll feel settled in no time.
One size doesn´t fit all
Nowadays, we’re all about a flexible and modern approach to working. Whether you’d like to work from our office in the heart of Berlin-Mitte, from the comfort of your home, or even a mixture of both, we’ll contribute to your work setup.