Facility Manager // BEAT81
BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit. By merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology and expert coaching we are empowering people around Europe, and soon the world, to Sweat Smarter Together! Our outdoor workouts led by fitness experts offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring and analytics – transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we’re building a world-class team to make BEAT81 a household name in fitness and technology. Join us in our mission to create lasting wellbeing!
About the role
Develop and keep optimising an efficient, sustainable and international facility management process for our indoor facilities. In this position, you are an important connection between our BEAT81 locations, coaches, the headquarters and external service providers.
By managing multiple projects in parallel, improving processes and keeping all locations in stellar condition, you play an essential part in the success of BEAT81. In addition to our existing gyms in Berlin, we plan to open 30 new gyms as part of our global expansion 2020.
- Lead and optimise all cleaning and maintenance-related topics in our BEAT81 locations within Germany and globally
- Creating, securing and improving current processes around managing our BEAT81 facilities
- Manage our external service providers and take over the documentation of quality assurance
- Plan, budget, schedule and oversee facility modifications
- Calculate, evaluate and negotiate offers by current and new external service providers
- Educate and train staff about preventative maintenance methods
- Work closely with our real estate team to always find materials that can withstand heavy use like floor material, shower equipment or air ventilation
- Support the design concept
Desired skills, personality traits, and experiences
- A technical training, degree in the fields construction or real estate management or comparable qualification as a carpenter, painter or handyman would be nice to have
- Experience in facility management, ideally in the management of fitness facilities
- Business partners and team colleagues benefit from your reliable, service-oriented and communicative way of working
- A high degree of initiative, flexibility and resilience
- Fluent in English and German. Other European languages are a plus!
- Join our journey to build the largest fitness company that is delivering lasting wellbeing in the world
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team of Europe’s fastest growing fitness technology startup backed by Europe’s best VCs and a unique team of fitness experts
- A working environment that is built on care for one another, trust, openness, relentless focus on doing the right thing and grit
- The right equipment you need to get your work done!
- Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime!
- Regular sports and social team events
We, at BEAT81, believe that a great working environment reflects our diverse world. Everyone is welcome, regardless of gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, or a secret dislike for burpees. All you need is a passion for fitness and the desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups.