PR Manager (Maternity Cover)
momondo/KAYAK/SWOODOO/OpenTable is looking for an ambitious PR Manager for maternity cover, to plan and coordinate PR work across international markets. The PR Manager will work with their own portfolio of brands and markets, and support the wider PR team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of PR activities. The right candidate will join a dedicated and professional PR team, and become a main driver in managing and optimising external communications and media presence across a selection of brands and markets.
The ideal candidate for the PR Manager role will have 2-4 years of proven consumer/consumer tech/travel/dining PR experience. The right candidate has to demonstrate creative thinking, have an analytical approach to PR, show initiative and is confident in leading creative PR projects from idea to result. You’ll need to be organised, have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and have exceptional English writing skills. Other language skills such as German or French are advantageous.
- Take ownership of implementing our PR strategy in a selected portfolio of brands and markets, including planning, coordinating and developing a structured PR plan in close cooperation with internal teams and external PR agencies
- Build and maintain local media relationships to ensure positive media opinion and coverage for momondo/KAYAK/SWOODOO/OpenTable
- Monitor, evaluate and measure media presence and performance across markets
- Maintain awareness of competitor PR strategy and media presence
- Support the team in the continuous development of the brands PR strategy
- Report market results in collaboration with the PR team
- Develop and write original press material
- Manage media lists and enquiries
- Pitching stories to media
- Liaising with key spokespeople across the organisation
- Proven working experience in Public Relations required. 2-4 years experience in consumer/consumer tech/travel/dining PR.
- You are educated to a degree level. Degree in Communications, PR or Journalism desired, though similar degrees considered, dependent on the relevancy of your skills and experience
- You have a proven track record designing, executing and measuring successful Public Relations campaigns. Experience with data-driven PR will be an advantage.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills
- An aptitude for project management, from the start of a campaign to its successful completion.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and are confident talking to journalists and handling media enquiries
- You are comfortable working under pressure, and can deliver exceptional results to tight deadlines
- You’re an ambitious, motivated individual with a desire to make a difference
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You are strategic, creative, dedicated and hard working
You’ll enjoy a fun, rewarding and international working environment with a culture of employee knowledge sharing and development, as well as the opportunity to work with a selection of the world’s leading travel and dining websites. You will join a team of PR professionals, each working with a portfolio of markets, and you will report to the PR Director for the region.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.