(Senior) International Communications Manager (m/f/d)
This English language communications role will be responsible for boosting DCMN’s brand awareness internationally among its target group around the globe, getting in touch with our community of clients and partners, and creating content & running events that support new business growth.
As a well-rounded communications professional, you will be responsible for projects including press campaigns, thought leadership strategy, webinars and other content-driven activities that both increase awareness of DCMN in its core markets and create touchpoints with our existing & potential community. Your primary focus will be on creating campaigns that increase awareness of DCMN in its international markets, as well as finding innovative ways to generate touchpoints with our existing community of clients and partners. In addition to PR and content work, you will have prior experience in concepting and running creative events that have demonstrated business impact. Importantly, you will know how to measure the success and impact of your work and will be comfortable working with (and optimising) our tracking and reporting processes.
You will be working in: English (fluency required)
How you will make an impact:
- Get our name out there: Oversee PR strategy & media outreach for relevant external communication topics, with a focus on the German market (but not only)
- Programming & webinar management: Source & secure great speakers for our bimonthly webinar series, run the events with flawless execution and innovate the format to keep our audience highly engaged and motivated to attend
- Thought leadership: Put in place a comprehensive thought leadership strategy for our DCMN leaders and oversee its execution
- Community outreach: Concept & run (digital and in future, real life) events to create regular touchpoints with DCMN’s community of VIP clients & partners, and find other creative ways to get in touch with them
- Speech writing: Write impactful speeches for management and other senior leaders that really get the attention of event and conference attendees
- Copywriting and communications: Support with communications activities for all DCMN core markets across channels including our blog, social media and newsletters, and taking part in team brainstorming, content planning & ideation sessions
Skills you will need to be successful:
- Fluency in English, including excellent writing skills for a variety of mediums
- 5+ years of PR & communications experience in Germany and internationally, ideally within a fast paced startup/tech environment and in B2B
- An excellent network of industry relevant press contacts & good knowledge of the media landscape, especially marketing/media and startup publications
- A data-driven mindset that helps you both build impactful stories and measure the success of your content and PR work
- Clear communication skills and confidence in interacting with stakeholders, whether they are journalists or relevant DCMN team members
- Events experience, ideally from a content & programming perspective
- Sound knowledge of the marketing & adtech industry in which DCMN operates
- The ability to write and think like a journalist – no matter the medium (a journalistic background will be an advantage)
- Attention to detail coupled with an ability to craft compelling arguments and pitches
- Independent & highly self-motivated
Learn more about life at DCMN, benefits and our recruiting process on our careers site: https://careers.dcmn.com/.