Senior SEO Manager
We are JOIN, Europe’s fastest-growing HR Tech company with over 45,000 clients in 6 countries and over 100,000 jobs posted.
Our ambition is to change the way Small & Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) hire on a global scale. We want to level the playing field so SMBs can have the same hiring advantages as big companies. Great companies are built with great people and there are over 25 million SMBs in Europe alone.
We are a mighty team of 90 passionate colleagues and our mission is to democratise hiring by building the world’s most widely used talent attraction software. We believe in building a diverse team of people from different backgrounds. Join us!
What is the role about?
We have a great product that helps more than 60.000 companies in Europe find and attract talent, we have a beautiful website with informative and noteworthy content and our product is free to use (Freemium). We need your experience and knowledge as a key component to our product led growth strategy.
We want to drive organic traffic to educate users, customers, leads on our product right from the get go and to drive sign-ups. We want to help our audience see the value of your product as quickly as possible, by creating content truly focusing on the user, and not only using recommendations from a keyword research tool.
As (Senior) SEO Manager, you will be key for the next phase of our growth story and you will help us identify and build the infrastructure to acquire relevant organic traffic. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Marketing.
Your Future Team
You will join the marketing team at JOIN responsible for attracting new business via lead generation efforts across multiple channels and tactics. You will work closely with the content marketers, your peers in Paid Search Engine Marketing, but also Product Managers and business development experts to harness the potential of product led growth for SEO.
The mission will be to build JOIN’s next level acquisition engine acquiring non-branded organic traffic and turning into high quality leads.
What you will be expected to do?
- Take ownership of our SEO strategy and operations to build compounding traffic acquisition with a massive addressable market in Europe and the world – on-page, off-page and technical
- Work with and educate the content team to ensure SEO best practices are implemented in content creation
- Leverage and improve the SEO tech stack
- Implement regular data-driven experiments to gain actionable insights into customer behavior and deduce outstanding and measurable growth
- Keep up to date with the latest SEO trends (did someone say AI or Programmatic SEO?), strategies and algorithm changes
What will you need to be successful?
- You have worked in SEO for 3-5+ years in a fast-paced environment
- You have a proven track record of driving business through organic traffic either in a B2C or B2B environment
- You have a Growth mindset and are a team player
- You are experienced, curious and keen to immerse and build out our SEO tech stack today and tomorrow
- You combine strong analytical and problem solving skills, basic technical understanding, and a creative and experimental mindset
- You like to learn, work hands-on, take ownership and have an impact
- You are fluent in English and love to work in multicultural organizations
- We would especially like to talk to you if you have:
- Experience working with WordPress
- You are a native German speaker
- You are familiar with working concepts such as product led growth, SaaS terminology, lead generation and using qualitative input as much as data and quantitative input to drive growth and conversions
What is in it for you?
- We have the product, we have the domain, we have the content – with your guidance, the opportunity is yours and you will drive massive growth and business impact through SEO
- Ability to test ant drive cutting edge SEO techniques such as free to use and ungated product experiences, programmatic SEO and the use of generative AI for growth
- Inspiring, diverse and international working atmosphere
- A team of highly motivated and ambitious experts as well as new starters that will need your support and guidance
- Join a team that has built growth via content and organic traffic before, generating north of 30 million of revenue per year
- Design office in the famous Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg, in the heart of Berlin!
- Hybrid working mode: if you are an office first employee (3+ days a week): 600€ yearly mobility budget for either Rydes or BVG Card
- 4 weeks “work from anywhere” per year after probation
- 600€ yearly Benefitsy allowance to profit from 35 Premium Partners
- Relocation support for internationals:
- One month of furnished flat so you do not have to flat hunt without being in Berlin
Our recruitment process is designed to be as lean as possible and we ensure the same process is followed for all candidates. It is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates insights to our team and learn about what it’s like to be a team member at JOIN. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration along with a case study where you will get the opportunity to showcase your talent.
- Conversation with HR member – Zoom
- Interview call with hiring manager – Zoom or onsite
- Case Study / Presentation – Zoom or onsite
- Meet the team – Zoom or onsite
- Offer Discussion with HR – Zoom
- Final Call with Hiring Manager – Zoom or onsite
Joined together by diversity
We believe that uniqueness binds us and helps us thrive, both as individuals and as a team. That’s why we don’t just embrace diversity, we celebrate it. We take equality and inclusion seriously and are committed to welcoming everyone to our team with openness, acceptance, and respect. At JOIN, we want all team members to feel seen and supported.
We encourage all applications, regardless of age, physical or mental ability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other background diversity. And do you require any assistance or adaptations, either in the workplace or during the hiring process? Then please don’t hesitate to let us know!
You don’t check all the boxes? It’s also fine, we are open to spiky profiles and we love diversity!
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!