Snr SEO Manager // Fy
Fy! is building a mobile marketplace of the coolest products from the world’s best emerging brands, designers and artists.
We help people discover and shop products they’ve never seen before whilst helping our suppliers grow their revenue and build their brands on mobile.
We are funded and backed by some of the savviest investors in Europe including Forward Partners, 500 Startups and the ex-leadership of ASOS, Streetcar and LoveFilm. We are a small but passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurs, technologies and marketing experts working to build something huge.
We’re aiming to grow 5x over the next 18 months and expect a significant amount of that growth to be driven through SEO. This is your mission.
Being a start-up, your job may vary over time. You’ll have input in other areas (analytics, paid search, social, remarketing), but by the most part, you will have hit the ball out of the park if with-in 18 months of starting:
- Traffic from SEO has grown significantly
- We’ve built a strong organic growth culture, team and processes across the business
There is currently no SEO or organic growth team at Fy! – you’ll be the first hire and will be responsible for determining how we win at natural search and building our capabilities and team in this area. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a world-class SEO team from scratch with all the rewards associated with that.
SEO at Fy! isn\’t about sticking keywords on a webpage or building artificial links, but making sure we offer the best possible products, content and on-site experiences to our customers. We’re on a mission to get every cool product on earth on our marketplace and to build the most relevant shopping experience for our customers on earth. Our SEO team is no different. There is no point in working in search unless you understand how you’re delivering value to our users.
What you’ll be up to?
This highly entrepreneurial role will evolve but to give you a flavour here’s what you should expect to be working on:
- Developing and executing SEO plans for Fy!…
- … whilst in time you may hire and manage an SEO team this is very much a hands on role so you’ll be required to execute as well as plan
- Working with our engineering and machine learning team to build product and processes to deeply understand user search intent for our target categories and markets
- Build the team, processes and product to enable us to rapidly build highly relevant content (landing pages, articles, video etc) to satisfy user’s search intent
- Manage and improve the content production workflow. This can mean writing briefs and carrying out research, but also constantly finding ways to optimise and improve our process. You\’ll produce guidelines for our writers as well.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to ensure Google is successfully and efficiently crawling Fy!
- Work with our social and PR team to develop strategies to make Fy! famous and sustainably build our domain authority for target categories and markets
- Be on the pulse to identify new opportunities for Fy! to win on SEO – for example how do we win on mobile SEO, app store optimisation
- Run A/B experiments to understand the impact of changes on SEO rankings
- Be the subject matter expert for all things SEO
Who are we looking for?
This role requires a strong SEO skill set and knowledge but broadly:
- You’ve got deep experience working in SEO ideally in a rapidly growing eCommerce or mCommerce business or agency working for large eCommerce businesses
- You’re as comfortable working on link building as setting the strategy
- You like to mix technical recommendations with practical SEO best practice
- You’re an expert in all the usual SEO tools – Google Webmaster Tools, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, aHref, OpenSiteExplorer…
- You’ve got experience of keyword research and understand the concepts of techniques such as natural language processing and clustering
- Working knowledge of French, German or Spanish language is highly beneficial
- You can explain technical or complicated concepts to others, in a way that’s clear and easy to understand
- You’re passionate about the products we sell and the opportunity to redefine how people shop
- This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in growth in Europe.
- Impact and influence – you’ll be joining a small but high performance team in a key role. You’ll be able to have an immediate and high impact on the business.
- An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, Tuenti, TicTail…)…
- You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital startup – marketing, product, ops, engineering etc.
- Competitive salary and options – we’re thinking huge and hope it pays out for all.