Social Media Manager (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX design, UI design, web development, and data analytics. We are a startup with nationalities from over 30 countries who value learning, growing, and working in an integrative, collaborative, and transparent environment.
We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to grow CareerFoundry’s audience across multiple social media channels (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter). You will work closely with a team of content editors, event managers, designers, and videographers to share career change stories and advice. You will take over the entire social media management lifecycle, including ideation, planning, production, community management, and reporting. You will be “the voice and face on social media” for CareerFoundry— adapting CareerFoundry’s tone and writing style to the needs, opportunities, and dynamics of each channel. You will work with the rest of the Media Team and the Marketing Department at large to promote blog articles, campaigns, and events through CareerFoundry’s owned social media channels.
The Social Media Manager’s main focus will be to build an engaged audience across social media channels through valuable and relatable content, contributing to CareerFoundry’s organic growth.
More specifically, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for:
The social media content lifecycle (ideation, planning, production, reporting, optimization)
- You will own CareerFoundry’s social media content calendar, from ideation to release, across a number of channels (Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), placements (feed, stories, live), and formats
- You will collaborate with our in-house designers and videographers to produce engaging visual assets, while also owning the production of Instagram stories and reels
- You will report on results, using data to constantly iterate and optimize their ideas
Tone of voice and copywriting
- Alongside the Editorial and Social Team, you will refine CareerFoundry’s social media content strategy and tone of voice
- You will be responsible for all (English language) copywriting efforts related to CareerFoundry’s social media channels
- You will reply, on a daily basis, to the incoming questions, interactions, comments, and requests that CareerFoundry receives via social media
- You will connect with our communities of students, alumni, mentors, and career specialists to share their stories
- You will build connections and partnerships with influential and relevant social media accounts in the fields CareerFoundry operates—such as career change, tech, design, and online education
- 2+ years of experience with managing social media channels for brands and products (ideally in the education/online learning space), both on the content and the community side
- An eye for engaging social media content, both in written and visual form, mixed with a solid understanding of how to measure its performance
- Curiosity towards new trends taking place in the social media landscape
- A natural flair for copywriting which shines through in your ability to craft engaging captions for a variety of social channels
- Feeling open and comfortable to be on the other side of the camera to produce formats such as reels, lives, and stories on Instagram
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, unsurprisingly! We are a growing team that values positive working relationships and mutual support
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- Flexible working times and remote work. We are a remote-first company with occasional in-office events
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Regular team events and holiday parties
- A dog-friendly office inside Factory Görlitzer Park (coworking and events space located between Kreuzberg and Alt-Treptow, equipped with a restaurant, cafe, library, cinema, ballpit, meditation room, and sports facilities) and the opportunity to work anytime from the coworking spaces in Berlin Mitte and in Hamburg
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this role.
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.