Assistant to the CEO // Parity Technologies
Parity’s mission is to provide open source infrastructure to build a better future internet, aka Web 3.0. Blockchains are a key component in this future Web 3 stack and Parity is a leader in the blockchain space. It is the creator of two ambitious new blockchain projects, Polkadot and Substrate, that makes it easier to experiment and innovate with new ideas for sharding, encryption and governance. Parity is creating an open source creative commons that will enable people to create better institutions through a new wave of peer-2-peer technologies.
Parity envisions the future of the Web as decentralised and secure, giving users more autonomy so that they can verify the systems that they are increasingly relying on, instead of trusting the current services’ providers. Parity is composed of more than 80 team members from 9 countries, with offices in Berlin, London and Cambridge.
We are undergoing huge growth and are currently seeking a dedicated and well-organised, energetic individual for the position of Assistant to the CEO. You are a professional or a very ambitious graduate, eager to handle a wide range of tasks, automate associated processes and make systems more efficient over time. You work independently with little or no supervision, supporting the CEO directly in various aspects of life. As Parity is a successful, rapidly growing start-up, you should expect your role to evolve during your time here.
As the Assistant to the CEO you will
- Coordinate matters with internal as well as external parties (ranging from investors and political stakeholders to developer communities and journalists)
- Efficiently manage and execute extensive task lists
- Facilitate important and urgent communications
- Manage complex calendars
- Coordinate complex itineraries and travel logistics as well as submit expense reports
- Research background on people, organisations, events, and more
- Manage personal requests as necessary and support in personal administrative matters such as,
- liaising with institutions (e.g. banks or health insurance),
- perform product research,
- coordinating family life.
- Great ability to prioritise work and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact autonomously with internal and external partners
- Professional, discreet, dedicated, courteous, creative, intellectually curious, empathetic and friendly
- Ideally English native speaker as well as proficiency in German (B2 or higher)
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentations) as well as the ability to grasp new concepts and software quickly
- Successful history of managing calendars, expenses, and logistics
- Availability to travel, as needed, to support the CEO
- Sensitivity and understanding of confidential matters and ability to protect those accordingly
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we\’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what\’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.