Booking Agent // Spotahome
Did you graduate from university and are looking for an entry-way to kick-start your career in the exciting start-up world?
You’re up for a challenge and love a thriving business environment?
You love making customers happy and interacting with people and have German as your mother-tongue?
Then come join our Germany team in Berlin!
With the mission of reinventing real estate making it transparent, instant and exciting, Spotahome was founded in March 2014. It is the first platform designed for direct booking of accommodation of 30 days or more, taking away one of the biggest headaches for people planning to move abroad and making finding a new home secure, transparent, fast and easy. Spotahome operates in 7 different countries and 10 cities across the EMEA region, with a headcount of 300 people from over 30 different nationalities.
The level of user engagement is extraordinary — i.e., the company has 6 times the Trustpilot user feedback of Onefinestay despite being founded only 4 years ago — with 90% leaving an ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’ review rating.
Spotahome has raised a total of $72 million. It is a private series B company backed by Kleiner Perkins, Passion Capital and Seaya Ventures as main investors. It is the first time KPCB (and any top-tier VC from Silicon Valley) invested in Spain. Investors also include Arthur Kosten (Booking.com), Alexander Aggashippour (Zendesk), Klaus Nyengaard (Just Eat) etc. Spotahome recently hired Balaji Nageswaran (SVP HelloFresh and former Amazon in Seattle) as their Chief Product Officer, Cleo Sham (Director of Operations, Uber EMEA and Uber China) as their Chief Operations Officer, and Angel Azcarraga (Director, Software Development at Amazon) as their Chief Technology Officer.
In line with our new growth plans, Spotahome are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our rapidly growing team as a Booking Agent in Berlin. You’ll be at the forefront of Berlin’s start-up scene, working closely with our Sales and Operations teams to drive bookings across Spotahome’s Berlin platform. Your hands-on and fast-paced approach will serve as great foundations for a career in operations, sales, account management and tech.
What You’ll Do
- Help our customers find their new home by responding, researching and resolving incoming inquiries via phone and email in a timely, professional and efficient manner
- Maintain a consistent and positive system of communication with both landlords and tenants to make both sides happy with our service
- Provide our customers with detailed information about our services in order to answer possible questions and create future bookings
- Communicate customers’ feedback and suggestions to other departments in order to make corrections and provide the best possible customer service
- Update and enter information into CRM and other company systems to ensure accurate customer records and information regarding issues in progress and resolutions
What You’ll Need
- Start-up mentality – able to learn fast and get stuck in
- Be a native in German and fluent in English. Other languages are a huge plus (particularly Chinese).
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills – written & spoken
- Professional, friendly, smiling attitude and ability to solve problems
- Not shy about picking up the phone and interacting with our tenants and landlords
- Be flexible to work in shifts (No late night shifts!) and to rotate during weekends, according with internal needs
- Knowledge of Berlin as a city and it’s neighbourhoods
- Positive and friendly language when speaking to customers. “Read customers” and make the selection of a property a personal and tailored experience to their needs.
- Effectively and efficiently manage time multi-tasking skills in order to close bookings faster
- Open minded and well-travelled person with an international perspective as you will be talking with many people from all over the world everyday!
- Goals-oriented and a desire to always be learning