Sr. Carbon Emission Analyst (Berlin / Remote)
We are a group of ex-Google technology entrepreneurs who spent the last months building a new platform to help organisations scale their climate emissions down to zero. Our software helps businesses understand how and where they generate carbon emissions, and makes it easy to initiate effective change. Our flexible tracking API can be integrated into software that businesses already use to accurately measure and continuously monitor greenhouse gas emissions. Supported by meaningful data, organizations can then use the Climatiq marketplace to reduce their carbon emissions and offset the rest through high-impact projects.
This is an amazing time to join Climatiq. Be part of real, technology driven change from the very beginning. Work with an amazing team and help build something meaningful.
We are now looking for a Senior Carbon Emission Analyst with a focus on greenhouse gas emissions modelling to join the team. You are passionate about driving measurable, technology-driven change to tackle the climate crisis.
Specifically, you would be responsible for:
- Designing a data strategy to expand and continuously improve our emission factor database
- Working closely with engineering to improve the database structure and schema
- Improve Climatiq’s methodology to model emission factors for a wide range of use cases
- Acting as a quality assurance manager for new submissions to our open database and manage the community
- Ensuring that Climatiq’s methodology reflects the latest scientific standards and industry developments
- Working with customers and partners to acquire and implement required data and methodology
On a day to day basis, this means:
- Source and assess best-in-class greenhouse gas emission factors
- Review new submissions to the open database and liaise with users on data quality and use
- Develop materials to accelerate customer acquisition and education, as required
- Contribute to the overall success of the business, as required
- Master’s degree in environmental science or a closely related subject. A Ph.D. would be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in the collection and analysis of greenhouse gas data
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving competencies
- Experience in data modelling and statistics
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work independently in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including customers
- Ability to present your findings coherently and convincingly
- Fluent English
- Location: Berlin, or Remote within +/- 2 hours of CET timezone
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Hours: full-time, flexible working hours
- Salary: competitive, including stock options
Climatiq is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team.