Category Lead Purchasing (m/f/d)
Berlin Brands Group (BBG) has been designing, producing, and selling products in the home & living, consumer electronics, sound & light and sports categories since 2005 and is now one of Europe’s largest digital companies.
BBG creates, builds, buys, and scales consumer brands globally. Our scalable infrastructure and profitable commercial model is driving hyper-growth, last year reporting 2020 revenues of €334M. Our products are sold across channels including direct to consumer e-commerce, online marketplaces including Amazon, and wholesale to retailers and distributors. Our passion lies in kitchen appliances, garden & living, sports and HiFi. Our largest and best-known brands are Klarstein, auna, blumfeldt and Capital Sports. These are just a few examples within our portfolio of over 23 consumer product brands that is rapidly expanding as we welcome new brands to the group.
We distribute over 3,700 products to consumers in 28 countries worldwide. BBG is now over 1,000 employees strong, working in locations spanning the globe – from Europe, UK, USA, to Asia. Our global headquarters are in Berlin, Germany and we are now rapidly expanding our business.
We are scaling up and investing in world-class logistics and fulfilment, innovative digital marketing, e-commerce, marketplace development and other sales channels. To fuel this growth, we are looking for talented and motivated colleagues like you to join us in shaping the DNA of BBG.
- You manage and optimize the global purchasing and supply processes.
- You establish, develop and implement strategic purchasing and supply chain projects.
- You design and implement process standardization and process automation.
- You further develop the procurement risk management.
- You optimize the procurement budget through developing and adapting strategies and projects with sales, product management and logistics.
- You continously increase the purchasing efficiency and identify cost saving potentials.
- You optimize working capital in close coordination with the sales team.
- You conceptualize, continuously develop and implement the commodity group strategy.
- You develop product group-specific KPIs in cooperation with Product & Purchasing Management, as well as controlling and monitoring of the defined target values over the year.
- You are responsible for setting up and monitoring processes to control the quality and delivery reliability of our suppliers.
- Build and devlop your team to support reaching our aspirational goals.
- You are experienced in managing people.
- You have gained purchasing experience in the past.
- You are a strong negotiator and are experienced in interacting with international vendors.
- You are capable of handling data (Excel skills, even some level of marco etc. is useful).
- You have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel as well as first experience in using ERP systems.
- You have a strong analytical mindset, are detail oriented and flexible.
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy working with different departments.
- You have an independent working style, excellent organizational skills and the motivation to grow with the company.
- You are highly fluent in English; fluency in Chinese or German are a plus.
- A once-in-a-lifetime challenge working in the exceptionally fast-paced working environment of a hyper-growth international business.
- Challenging projects with plenty of entrepreneurial freedom in one of Europe’s leading e-commerce companies.
- You will be supported by a team of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues.
- Flexible and hybrid working model with a modern office in the heart of Berlin (Spittelmarkt).
- We celebrate success together at numerous company events, currently digital.
- Opportunities for professional development, language courses as well as team training and coaching.
- Company benefits such as public transport ticket grant, 30% discount on products from our own shop and 40% employer’s contribution to the company pension plan.
- Daily fresh fruits and vegetables as well as drinks and various health offers e.g. physiotherapy, yoga and back training courses (restrictions occur due to corona guidelines).
JOIN THE GANG
Become a member of one of Europe’s leading ecommerce companies. Click the following button to fill out our online application. We are looking forward to your application!
Berlin Brands Group