Competitive Specialist // KAYAK
Drawing conclusions and identifying issues based on analyzing data is your thing. You want to help build the best travel product out there. You enjoy puzzles and problem-solving. You like startups but want the security of an established team and product. You aren’t terribly allergic to dogs.
KAYAK is looking for an analytically-minded, detail-oriented team player with the drive to improve the product and user experience across all markets. As a competitive specialist, you’ll be responsible for analysing KAYAK’s performance and providing actionable insights to enhance KAYAK’s competitiveness. You will also act as the first line of defence for technical issues and will be in charge of investigating and escalating those to the appropriate stakeholders. The position will be based in our Berlin Technology Center and will require collaboration with engineers, consumer support and commercial teams in Berlin and our other offices.
- Comprehensive analysis of international markets
- Identifying discrepancies and missing content and working closely with external partners and Business Development to resolve issues
- Providing insights and recommendations to improve overall competitiveness
- Diagnosing technical issues and liaising with the engineering team to solve them
- Statistical analysis of price development for specific markets
- Summarizing market analysis for C-level Executives
- Supporting the development of an internal automated comprehensive testing tool
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Previous work experience in analysis (≥ 2 years) or equivalent education
- Travel industry background preferred
- Fluent in English, German/other languages beneficial
- Good communication skills for escalating issues
- Very detail-oriented
- Logical and analytical mindset
- Experience working with international teams
- Basic knowledge of SQL appreciated
- Ability to multitask effectively
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV to be considered for this position.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.
Our Benefits and Perks