Content Editor for Adventure Startup // Fatmap
Build the future of Outdoor Adventure with us!
FATMAP is a growing Outdoor Adventure Technology Company, building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionizing the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index are used by top professionals and a fast-growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
As a Content Editor at FATMAP, you will be responsible for the editorial output of our curated guidebooks and adventures, managing a team of freelance contributors, and owning the FATMAP style guide according to the recommendations of our activity-expert advisory board.
To make our FATMAP vision come true in our product experience, you will be working in the Content team in our HQ in Berlin Kreuzberg, together with a group of passionate experts in our partnerships and product teams.
- Edit, curate and write adventure content
- Research concepts, pitch, research, write and edit inspirational articles
- Select the best adventure content from our user-generated content
- Hire and coordinate freelance contributors to support our editorial efforts
- Ensure the use of a consistent tone of voice and style guide use across all adventure content publications
- You have a native-speaker level of English, orally and in writing, with impeccable grammar and orthography (We write in American English)
- You have 2 years experience in a similar position
- You have strong communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- You are a keen outdoor adventurer
- You have a proven track-record of SEO-writing
What we offer
- A great office environment in Berlin, Kreuzberg.
- Flexible working hours.
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations.
- The technical tools (laptop, screens, etc.) of your choice
- Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure).
- The opportunity to grow with a growing company in an exciting space.
How to apply
If the above sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a team of ambitious adventurers, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your resume, a brief cover letter describing why you are a great fit for FATMAP and a portfolio of previous copy/editing work.
The first step will be a brief video call with the hiring manager to get to know each other. Then we´ll ask you to complete an editorial assessment. We’ll invite you then to meet the team face to face.