Customer Care Specialist (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX & UI design, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 100% per year.
We are a startup with nationalities from over 30 countries who value learning, growing, and working in an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent environment.
You will be joining the Student Team to support our global and diverse customer base. Our Student Team is there to support our students, get to know them and their motivations, and help drive them to success by keeping them logging back in and learning. It’s customer service with a difference – a focus on education, outcomes for the customer, and life-changing success.
We’re looking for an experienced customer service and care specialists to transition into Student Advisors – interpreting the basics of technical questions about our materials and policies, resolving financial issues, helping with course timing, and dropping in with just the right piece of advice, a reminder of why they signed up, or a perk like a week’s extension to help them juggle their course with their lives. It’s a fulfilling role and we’re proud to be a provider that’s accessible to students who can’t take other bootcamps.
Fully support our students, helping them feel connected in an online learning environment, and making sure they complete their course or program by providing paths for them to overcome financial, technical, and other obstacles to their learning.
Provide reliable, quick, and high-quality customer support to grow retention and completion rates
- Respond to student enquiries via online channels
- Meet our Service Level Agreements and improve first response resolution rate where possible while maintaining high CSAT scores as a health metric
- Demonstrate empathy for the students and help them stay engaged in their online learning experience with CF
- Identify repeat issues and escalate where appropriate
Plan and execute initiatives to improve the student experience
- In consultation with Team Lead, move relevant customer experience and success metrics by planning data-led projects focusing on various areas of the student experience (e.g. course progress, engagement, community building, motivation etc)
- Be able to measure impact using qualitative and quantitative methods, and use this data to implement effective and goal-driven service improvements
- Work on cross-team projects involving other subject matter experts, representing the Student Team’s body of knowledge
- Help team maintain high level of service standards
- Identify opportunities to expand and/or improve team support offering
Contribute to and strengthen the student community
- Monitor community communications channels like Slack to address questions and concerns from students
- Plan, execute, and take part in remote student engagement events (e.g. group video calls, webinars, Slack events)
- Work with our Media Team to create engaging multi-channel content to increase their engagement with CF, whether pre- or post-enrolment
- 2+ years of experience in online customer service, preferably in a startup or tech company environment
- Native-level English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and teams to complete daily operational tasks
- Ability to work well in a team, and ready to jump in and help others where needed
- Project management experience
- Experience onboarding and mentoring junior team members
- Experience working in or familiarity with education or online education
- Experience with CRM tools and email automation
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- Flexible working times and remote work. We are a remote-first company with occasional in-office events
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
How to Apply:
Please write a letter of intent addressing the following:
- Why do you want to work at CareerFoundry?
- What are some of the challenges of online education at the moment, and what would you propose to help students overcome them?
- Is there anything in your background or skills which you think would make you a success in this role?
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.