Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
Every day, millions of people use spreadsheets for business-critical processes. However, running these spreadsheet processes is painful. Sharing and collecting spreadsheet data is done manually, too many emails are sent back and forth, keeping track of all changes and file versions is cumbersome and leads to loss of control and transparency.
In short, we are building GitHub for Spreadsheets.
Layer is a cutting-edge web platform which fosters collaboration and increases productivity with the potential to reach millions of users worldwide. By introducing a productivity layer on top of Excel and Google Sheets, we are on a global mission to change how any team in any company works with spreadsheets.
For more insights check our Open Culture Guide
You are owning and developing the growing customer base of Layer. Being part of a young and fast-growing startup this is your opportunity to really make a difference and shape Layer beyond customer success.
We are looking for entrepreneurial Business Development Managers who are the trusted inbound advisors for each of their customers. You will develop an intimate understanding of how Layer can help them overcome their daily challenges using Excel or Google Sheets.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing up to 100 customer relationships. Some of your customers will be new while others may have been using Layer for a while. You will work with your customers on a regular basis to understand their goals and aligning them with the necessary resources to achieve them. This includes demos, on-boarding, making tactical and strategic recommendations to the Layer management, and keeping them up to date on the latest and greatest features from Layer.
If the following describes you, we‘d love to hear from you:
- You are a people’s person with a great sense of empathy and a curious mind
- You have worked with Excel and Google Sheets in the past and – ideally – have had touchpoints with finance in the past
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing/account management role
- Fluent in English & German
- Must be smart and business savvy with consultative, problem solving, and issue resolution skills
- Motivated self-starter who is hungry to learn and can provide strong examples of how they have achieved results while balancing demanding expectations
- Super organised, quick learner who works well under pressure
- It’s easy for you to build and maintain relationships, manage expectations, and identify issues that require escalation
OUR TEAM CULTURE
We think it’s about owning what you do and getting it done. We value outcome over output. We treat each other with respect and are in this together. We back our decision-making with logic and are not afraid of making mistakes.
Our team is our most important asset. We want to empower you to grow in the direction you most desire.
- a competitive salary
- employee stock options
- conference and educational budget
- flexible hours and option to work partly remotely
Please send us your CV, availability, salary expectations, and the works you are proud of.
Before applying, please make sure you are fluent in English & German.
For more insights on our culture, team, tech and interview process head over to our Open Culture Guide
Layer is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity, and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
Layer – Reinventing teamwork for spreadsheets by building a productivity layer for Excel and Google Sheets. Find out more at https://golayer.io/.