Junior Flight Operations Specialist // KAYAK
Are you an empathic person who cares about contributing to the creation of a better user experience? Are you hard-working with excellent problem solving and analytical skills? You will have the ability to put these traits to practice while keeping a close eye on our Flight Partners and working with them on providing better services to our users.
Are you proactive, able to thrive in a fast-paced and data-driven environment? Are you an enthusiastic and sharp minded person who is technically oriented? Then KAYAK will let you shine at work as you’ll be able to take sole and full ownership in your field while working both independently and with your colleagues in a very interdisciplinary position.
- You handle the maintenance of internal consoles and systems concerning user feedback and price accuracy data
- You test our sites and identify any discrepancies and missing content. This also includes collecting the data from airline sites, working with providers and doing independent research to fix any issues
- You take on the day to day administration of dynamic fees and data from APIs – including testing, updates, diagnostics and problem solving
- You maintain and monitor the compliance of all the legal guidelines that concern our Flight Providers
- You work closely with providers on improving our mutual users’ experiences
- You liaise with Engineering teams and Product to solve technical issues
- You work closely with global external and internal teams on daily tasks
- You assist with ad hoc projects – data collection and verification, product development, launching new site features, provider communication etc.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good emailing skills
- Solid logical and mathematical mindset
- Ability to work and prioritise in an environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills
- Data-driven mindset
- Proactive and comfortable to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team
- High attention to detail is required, especially when it comes to spreadsheets
- Good sense of humor and loves working in a dynamic environment
Useful but not Required Skills
- Knowledge of airline / online travel industry
- Knowing how to use JIRA and Cognos
- Experience working with databases
- Experience in working with Product, back-end and UI engineering teams
- Experience working in customer service
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.