Data Specialist, Commercial Partnerships // KAYAK
You are a self-starter and able to thrive in an agile, dynamic and data-driven environment. You will take sole and full ownership of your field in KAYAK and are able to work independently.
Are you an enthusiastic and personable quick learner who is technically minded? Are you hard-working with excellent problem solving and analytical skills? And most importantly, you love travel? If so, we want to talk to you!
- You look after the daily administration of internal static data sheets, focusing mainly on airlines’ baggage, seat and fee data
- You handle the maintenance of internal consoles and systems concerning user feedback and price accuracy data
- You test our sites and identify any discrepancies and missing content. This also includes collecting the data from airline sites, working with providers and doing independent research to fix any issues
- You lead the day to day administration of dynamic fees and data from APIs – including testing, updates, diagnostics and problem solving
- You liaise with Engineering teams and Product to solve technical issues
- You work closely with global external and internal teams on daily tasks
- You assist with ad hoc projects – data collection and verification, product development, launching new site features, provider communication etc.
- Solid logical and mathematical mindset
- Ability to work and prioritise in an environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills
- Needs to like to tinker with data and be a perfectionist when it comes to spreadsheets
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Self-starter and comfortable to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team
- High attention to detail is required
- Good sense of humor and loves working in a dynamic environment
Useful but not Required Skills
- Knowledge of airline / online travel industry
- Knowing how to use JIRA and Cognos
- Experience working with databases
- Experience in working with Product, back-end and UI engineering teams
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world’s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.