Work place: hybrid – Berlin office with flexibility to work from home
Contract type: full time (40 hours)
You enjoy working on business administration. You want to make your mark working closely with the founders and C-level team of a fast growing VC-funded company. You enjoy working on administrative tasks and you have strong organizational skills? You have experience with German accounting and bookkeeping principles? You are good at communicating both with people in person as well as those working remotely?
Looks like we need you to join our team :)
babelforce is a Berlin-grown startup that is revolutionizing how businesses automate processes and customer experiences. We bring AI and automation into voice and messaging solutions and integrate any cloud based system of record (like Zendesk or Salesforce), database or communication tool – and all without coding.
We are an exciting high-growth startup with a welcoming, sociable atmosphere. Geekiness is encouraged and curiosity rewarded. We offer fantastic opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as the chance to work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Self-sufficient working approach and strong organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of German accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Experience working with German and international bureaucracies; government and private.
- Comfortable working with and learning new software solutions.
- Familiarity with accounting and office software, ideally DATEV Duo, Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant or Founders Associate, Office Manager, PA, Bookkeeping assistant or similar roles.
- Experience working in a startup environment would be beneficial.
What you will be doing:
In this role you will be a crucial part in assisting our founders and executive management with most major initiatives in the company. You will be the link between our C-level management and governmental, taxation and other regulatory authorities. You will work with our Head of Finance and our external accounting service provider to prepare our financial reporting and everything needed by our investors and Advisory Board.
On one hand you will collaborate closely with our Executive Management team, in particular with our CEO and COO. You are responsible for everything that is within the Founder’s scope of duty, with the aim of reducing their workload.
On the other hand you will be responsible for assisting our Head of Finance in managing the accuracy of the financial records of both the organization and the client’s accounts, preparing those for our external accounting service provider.
What does this role involve?
C-level Associate and Board
- Manage important communication and appointments for C-level executives
- Arrange board meetings and other relevant meetings involving multiple participants.
- Prepare paperwork for the Executive Management team members to review and sign.
- Manage the local office, including correspondences as well as packages.
Assisting Head of Finance; Investor/Board Reporting
- Monitoring of outgoing invoices and processing of incoming invoices.
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements.
- Support in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements as well as the annual financial audit.
Administrative Management on Key Initiatives
- Research bureaucratic requirements from government and private organizations we are dealing with.
- Be the go-to-person for business administration on projects such as ISO27001 certification; Work on planning other initiatives big and small.
- Assist team members with administrative tasks that arise from projects and initiatives across the company (e.g. administration for events).
We offer a high degree of personal responsibility in an agile start-up environment with a very flexible and family-friendly work environment. We take our work seriously but ensure we support everybody on the team to provide the best possible work climate. You will be part of a very exciting international team, working from all over the world. Our headquarters office space is located in a modern coworking building right in the center of Berlin, however we offer flexibility for home office.
We are a young company so there is great growth potential and we will support you to develop the skills you are excited about. And who knows what topics you will encounter while working with us which you don’t even know about yet? This is an amazing opportunity if you want to gain experience being on the front line spear-heading the growth of a great company.
babelforce is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, or age. At babelforce we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work and products will be. We want to hear from you, so please don’t hesitate to apply!
Send your CV to email@example.com
PLEASE make sure to put “Founders Associate” in your email subject line