In short: Full-time position based in Berlin with flexibility. Competitive salary, generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you’ll love.
😍 We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing platforms custom phone & data plans through an easy to use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
- See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
- We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox and Airbnb. As part of Gigs you will have access to the teams, resources and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We just completed the Y Combinator W21 batch.
🔧 The position
- Unique perspective across the company. We love to be hands-on and rarely rely on external people for help.
- You will spearhead special products as Gigs roles out to tens of thousands of users, partnering with some of the most exciting companies out there.
- You will work on building communications, partnerships, recruiting, and special growth projects together with product and engineering. You will own your projects from day one.
- Understand how to strategically prepare for upcoming financing rounds.
- Over the next years, we’ll build dedicated teams around you.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
- You’ve built something before. We love builders. Our idea of great execution is turning our customers into brand advocates.
- You like to optimise. You look at the entire operation along the B2B2C value chain. You figure out where processes can be improved and where things could break. And fix it yourself or with our engineers.
- You love to challenge the status quo. You understand that building a product people want involves trying things that don’t scale first. You turn them into something that does.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members across all functions.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don’t only follow what you already know.
- You care about the customer experience. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
🌱 Our offer
- Salary EUR 65 – 80k.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax free until exercised).
- Full time, unlimited contract.
- Visa sponsorship available and your relocation will be covered.
🎁 Our benefits
- The best phone plan in the world, built by you.
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: A sunny place for us to all come together ****for great food, lots of laughter, and leisurely activities.
🤔 Our process
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And will do everything to accommodate your needs.
You’ll walk through four stages:
1. Get to know each other: We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We’ll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.
2. Case study: This case study challenges how you would deal with our stakeholders. As well as how you’d grow Gigs over different time horizons without budgets.
3. Meet the team: You’ll get to meet our other team members. We value team fit above everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you’d enjoy working with us.
4. Final conversation: Dennis and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you’ve passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
You can also speak to one of our investors. We want to give you as many insights into us as possible. We see this as a truly two-sided decision.
Now, let’s hear it! 🚀🥳