General Manager Berlin (m/f/d)
BEAT81 is a fitness technology startup revolutionizing the way people get fit.
We are merging the very best of HIIT group training, heart rate technology, and expert coaching to empower people around Europe to Sweat Smarter Together! Founded in Berlin in 2017 and backed by Europe’s top VCs (Atlantic Labs, EQT) we have brought our workouts to Amsterdam, Vienna, Hamburg and Cologne. And more cities are following soon.
Our workouts led by fitness experts offer real-time, personalized heart rate monitoring, gamification, and analytics – transforming the traditional group fitness experience. We think big. We think rebellious. And we’re building a world-class team to make BEAT81 the global leader in fitness and technology. Join us on our mission to create lasting wellbeing!
- Commercial responsibility for Berlin
- Double Berlin revenues in 12 months
- Lead and coordinate the Berlin City Team consisting of 3 city managers, head coach, gym staff, our operations team (maintenance and logistics), fitness coaches and external service providers
- Manage, develop and grow our Berlin network of locations (6 gyms and 25+ outdoor locations)
- Grow and develop our coach community (100+ coaches)
- Manage maintenance and hardware operations
- Ensure first class customer experience
- Execute our local marketing activities
The job is challenging, requires hard work with a lot of responsibility. The learning curve will be stellar – if you are looking to grow and are ready to put in the hustle, then this is your job.
- Several years of experience building and growing business operations
- Hands-on, hard working and bull-headed
- Independent and pragmatic problem solver
- Comfortable with the fast-paced startup culture
- Proven leadership traits and an eye for talent and recruiting
- Passion for ownership of results
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communicator
- Good data and analytical skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Ideally you have been living in Berlin for 2 years
- At least a Bachelor, ideally in Business or similar
- Passion for fitness and sports
- Join our journey to build the largest fitness company that is delivering lasting wellbeing in the world
- Work closely with the c-level and founding team
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team of Europe’s fastest growing fitness technology startup backed by Europe’s best VCs and a unique team of fitness experts
- A working environment that is built on care for one another, trust, openness, relentless focus on doing the right thing and grit
- The right equipment you need to get your work done!
- Unlimited BEAT81 workouts for you and one family member/friend: we guarantee that you will get fit working here :)
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks on tap at the office to fuel your workout regime!
- Regular sports and social team events