Germany Operations Team Lead
Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Operations Team Lead at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team – huzzah!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bullt free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever moved to another city or town, or even changed countries? Did you manage to do it worry and stress free (no eye rolling or swearing!)? Or if you haven’t ever relocated, how do you feel about the prospect of figuring it all out on your own? Finding a new home, sorting out shipping your stuff, organising utilities and bank accounts etc… The list of things to think about goes on and on. No matter where in the world you go, relocating is a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful. Perchpeek was conceived to change that.
PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our fundamental belief is that we can use technology to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable. By combining our platform with our awesome Customer Operations Team we help people throughout their journey. We start with helping them decide where to live and only finish when they are settled into their new home and community.
What’s next for PerchPeek?
We know what you’re thinking – surely nobody is relocating at the moment? Well, you’re partly right, Covid-19 certainly threw some interesting curveballs our way. But we’ve continued to hit some fantastic home runs and over the past 12 months have actually expanded our operations into over 22 countries, raised our Seed funding round from top investors and quadrupled the size of the company. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches so… 🎈🎈).
To support our rapid growth, our Operations team has flourished to over 30 people in 12 countries. We’re being constantly challenged by the growth in the number of customers and the increasingly diverse range of markets that we operate in. So, as you can imagine, under the hood things are pretty crazy right now!
We’re looking for a super motivated Operations Team Lead for our Germany team who is excited to lead and develop a team of our relocation case managers through a period of high growth, as well as drive the creation and establishment of best practices for the market. They’ll be at the centre of our operations working to help PerchPeek deliver a superb customer experience.
Questions you might be thinking…
What role does the Operations Team play?
From the moment one of our movers decides to work with Perchpeek, to after they’ve settled into their new home, our Operations team are responsible for working with them to understand their relocation requirements and then supporting them on their journey.
What can this look like?
Everything from supporting their home search by recommending properties and scheduling viewings, to contract negotiations, to helping them get set up with a new bank account, shipping their possessions or helping their beloved dog join them in their new home and everything else in between that you can imagine somebody needs to settle into a new home.
With that in mind, here’s a brief overview of what the Customer Operations Team Lead will be involved in and responsible for:
- Team Management – Manage an expanding team of Case Managers and supporting Operations Associates. Monitor and assess the team’s capacity to ensure optimum distribution of customer portfolios. (NB/ Current team size is 9 and has quadrupled in the last 3 months)
- Hiring & People Development – Developing a world class customer operations team means two things: 1) Hiring to the highest standard to increase the talent in the team and 2) Developing the individuals and team through providing feedback, development support and developing trainings to enable outstanding performance delivery
- Customer Satisfaction and Service Delivery Excellence – Review case execution by your team and analyse customer feedback to ensure quality of customer experience
- Internal KPI Reporting – To support the delivery of excellent service, you’ll be required to help develop our metrics and KPI reporting and leverage data to drive our performance culture and identify areas of improvement
- Best Practice Development – As we grow knowledge, practices, processes and policies need to either change or be developed. Team Leads will be expected to drive and create delivery best practice and processes within their markets, as well as help to define our policies and to critically assess them going forwards
- Customer Management – Support your team and our customers in helping to solve complex problems they are facing and help to manage and lead on customer escalations.
- Technical Product Feedback – As an internal customer of our customer service platforms you’ll be expected to proactively provide feedback and insights to the technical team on platform utility and development requirements.
A couple of additional areas to note:
We are a young startup and so there are two things we’d like to highlight:
- When times are busy we sometimes all need to chip in to areas outside of our regular scope. For you this could mean working with your own portfolio of customers.
- We want you to contribute to other areas that interest you too. “Think Big’ is one of our core values, so you’ll have the opportunity to contribute in areas beyond just core Operations too.
We know you have a life beyond work and we work hard to make sure that our team has the right balance but it would be remiss for us not to add at this stage that you may need to provide cover outside of normal business hours such as weekends and bank holidays as we grow – it’s not a weekly occurrence and we hope that it soon won’t be necessary at all so please don’t worry.
Sound Interesting? Ready to join the Hustle Bus? If so, then you should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you. Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day and be prepared to lead and instil these within your team. You can check them out here.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
Customer Obsessed: Since it’s our number one value, we wanted to reiterate it here. This is especially important in this role because it’s crucial that you have the customer’s needs at the heart of your thoughts and actions every day.
Adaptable: As a startup, life day to day can twist and turn. You’ll need to be not only comfortable in a constantly changing and ambiguous environment, but also be able to absorb the pressure and work through it.
Organised & Efficient: “If you want something done, ask a busy person.” We need you to have a strong work ethic and to be able to thrive when spinning 10 plates at once. (If you literally know how to spin plates then please include in your cover letter – our CEO’s a big fan of magic and similar skills!)
Relentlessly Focused on Delivery: Things move quickly at PerchPeek so you should relish challenges and have a strong natural instinct to drive things to completion.
Analytical and Data Driven: Strong decision making comes from a combination of strong instincts and seeking data points to direct and drive decisions.
Curious: We’re looking for individuals who are constantly asking “But what if…!” or saying ”I was just wondering…”
Experience and evidence of the following:
- Hiring and leading teams – one of your biggest strengths should be your ability to grow and develop talent
- Effective planning and prioritisation with a track record of being able to set direction, multitask, meet deadlines and to deliver through others against targets
- Working autonomously and have previously demonstrated a strong level of comfort in driving projects forward
- Comfortable partnering and working with peers cross-functionally
- Strong interpersonal skills and natural relationship building abilities that allow you to work with a wide range of people
- Effective written and verbal communication and communicating through periods of change
- Fluent in German & English, but an additional language never hurts since we’re a global business – the more the merrier!
- Are living, or have previously lived in Germany – we’re a remote company but knowing the market you’re leading in is key!
We are open to applications from candidates with or without an Operations background.
What are the PerchPerks?
- We provide super competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Company options – alongside the salary, your package will include valuable employee options so that you can own part of PerchPeek too
- Unlimited holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up and bringing your all
- Annual €1.5k learning & development budget – so you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of your core role
- Flexible working – Perchpeek is a Remote First company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable. Everyone gets an allowance to ensure their working environment suits them – wherever in the world you’d like that to be!
- Recharge days – take a day off to recharge, no questions asked.
- External mental health support access – because we can’t always all be on our A game and that’s ok.
- Time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care) – Socials and an annual reTREAT
- Experience growing an early stage startup that’s raised over $3m in VC funding
- Free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and parrot themed games
If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability – we want to hear from you.
Please share your CV, as well as a short cover letter. We’re not looking for you to spend hours crafting it, keep it brief, a couple of short paragraphs at most. We just want to hear why you think PerchPeek and this role are interesting and how you think you could knock it out the park – don’t be shy, we’re all ears!
You’ll hear back from us and if you’ve been successful you’ll be invited for a short Zoom call with one of the PerchPeek team so we can get to know each other a bit better. Afterwards, if we think we might be well matched, then we’ll be doing a round of interviews and maybe a challenge before making our final decision. At this point in time all interviews will be on Zoom, but watch this space…
We hope you’re as excited to apply as we are to hear from you – Good luck!