Head of Supply
You will be part of a tech-company reinventing the production of visuals at large scale. We work with brands across Europe and bring tools to simplify the production of professional visuals. Through our platform, businesses are able to order instantly a photoshoot across Europe and will receive their visuals within 48h.
We also provide tools to our community of creatives to remove all the roadblocks in the way of their career and take care of prospecting, booking, content hosting, post-production, invoicing, payments etc. Our mission is to disrupt the way visual content is created and we’re just getting started.
The Head of Supply is part of the Global Operations department which is running Supply acquisition, Customer support and Post-production of our visuals.
The Supply team is responsible for developing the network of creatives (photographers, videographers, drone pilots, etc.) in each market we operate in. This involves end to end acquisition & on-boarding of the best creatives in the market. From sourcing of freelancers, cold calling and full on-boarding including vetting and contract signing, the supply team plays a key part to help the wider department produce visuals consistently meeting our quality standards.
This leading position involves building and scaling the (future) International Supply teams through the hiring of team members, their training and also implementing processes while our delivery capacity increase significantly and our coverage expands across the world.
As a manager and leader, you are expected to hire, empower and mentor your team members to achieve the department’s mission and help individuals flourish in their career.
- Pilot department operation roadmap, business plan and delivery of the initiatives in short and mid term.
- Manage and deliver our Creatives Business Plan to ensure growth of our Creative community across all markets.
- Grow the Acquisition team according to the business needs and the business growth pace.
- Manage and transform the Community department processes optimising internal productivity and delivering an efficient service to our Creatives.
- Improve and develop our Creative onboarding experience through the platform, great content, training and communication.
- Provide department with data, analytics and the right metrics to take the right decisions whilst piloting the business on daily basis.
- Own and deliver key projects yourself for the business when necessary as an entrepreneur.
- Partner with the COO to deliver concretely his vision of creative standards everyday.
- Work directly with the COO to build direction, long term vision and innovation as well as clarifying short term uncertainty appearing in a business in hypergrowth as expected.
- Be a facilitator to the organisation, federating internal teams and stakeholder around the common goal: Backbone growth, Customer satisfaction and Creatives fulfilment.
- Proven 5+ years experience as leader in operations, management, new business, analytics, project management.
- Highly analytical and methodical thinker.
- Demonstrated excellent analyst skills previously in your career.
- Program and project management are your bread and butter.
- Adaptable, you thrive at simplifying complexity.
- You can manage and lead teams with several layers of management.
- Passionate about leading a team, you create positive work environments.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Any previous experiences in hypergrowth start-up is a great plus.
Why join Backbone:
- A good understanding of the dynamic between sales techniques, marketing principles, product optimisation and operations management is key
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with a fast growing start-up.
- You want to learn, improve and gain responsibility but keep your feet on the ground with humility.
- You will join an exciting tech start-up growing rapidly across Europe (selected among the top tech startups in the world by Web Summit)
- The chance to work for an exciting tech start-up growing rapidly across Europe and backed by leading European VCs. Backbone has been elected amongst the top 500 start-ups in the world by Web Summit.
- Be part of a unique adventure to disrupt an industry while empowering its stakeholders and contribute to the evolution of the way visual content is produced.
- Work in an inclusive environment with great personal career opportunities.
- Remote flexible position with opportunities to travel when regulations allow it.
Backbone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Step 1 : 30’ minutes phone screen with Suzanne (Operations Lead)
Step 2 : 1 hour interview with Antoine (Co-founder and COO)
Step 3 : 45’ minutes interview with Dorian (Co-founder and CEO)
Job type: Full-Time
Language: English (German/Spanish/Deutch/French is a plus)