Innovation & Business Development Manager [f/m/d]
Interested in research and innovation projects and working in a multi-national high-tech environment? Do you like to implement efficient organisational processes to streamline scientific and innovative ideas in practice, especially in complex multi-disciplinary set-up? Do you have minimum 2-6 years of professional experience as a project manager?
If yes, this job opening will definitely interest you!
ASTRIAL GmbH seeks for creative and multifaceted professionals for the position of Innovation & Business Development Manager, who will be appointed the operations management of Security and Crisis Management related R&I EU funded and commercial projects.
ASTRIAL GmbH offers a great career environment, focused in development and implementation of innovative public safety and crisis management solutions. The employee would have the opportunity to work in an inter-disciplinary group while cooperating with key enterprise actors in Europe and beyond.
ASTRIAL GmbH is dedicated to develop software systems for Incident Command and Response, Decision support, telematics, physical security, mobile data as well as state-of-the- art decision support tools for Security and Public Safety applications for police, coast guard, emergency medical service, civil protection and fire & rescue operations, critical public infrastructure protection, transportation security and border monitoring. With core technology built on open standards, we offer an unmatched range of mission critical enterprise solutions empowering governments and businesses around the world to make better and faster operational decisions.
ASTRIAL GmbH is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best associates by offering an inspiring and inclusive workplace, in which talent and hard work are truly recognized, developed and rewarded. The focus of the current job opening concerns the domains of Security (Physical and Cyber) and Crisis Management for applications that include Command and Control, Incident Management and Response Operations of Public Safety organisations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of activities in different Research and Innovation, Security and Crisis Management projects running in parallel, and will be part of a highly-skilled team exposed at the same time to a wide variety of technologies.
The ideal candidate will be an inspired and multifaceted professional having an experience of minimum 2-6 years of effective project and innovation management (experience in EU funded work-programme, e.g. H2020, would be a strong asset), solid technical background (PhD and/or MSc in Engineering or Science is also considered an asset), very good understanding of the Security and/or Crisis Management domain, excellent organisational skills, effective time management, practical knowledge of budget and contract management, proficiency in German and in English (written and verbal), top-level communication capabilities, and advanced ICT skills (to comprehend ASTRIAL’s software and hardware product lines and use internal data base and reporting tools and applications for effective project management).
The position responsibilities will include the following main tasks:
- Coordination/Management activities for EC/National-funded or commercial Research and Innovation Projects
- Managing cross-discipline and co-located project teams for internal (technical and management team) or project (multi-disciplinary) level activities
- Leading day-to-day project management (delivery deadlines, reporting, communication with consortium, contracts and amendments, etc.)
- Planning and Tracking project schedule and major outcomes (incl. deliverables and milestones)
- Supervision, coordination and/or execution of project related or non-project related technical tasks
- Handling of communication both within the group and with external partners (academia/research, industrial, public authorities)
- Reporting on both technical and management level on the projects on the level of deliverables, technical and management reports
- Undertaking and/or supporting authoring of management and technical deliverables
- Setting up & submitting new proposals in the context of several research funding opportunities
- Engineering or Science Degree
- MSc in Crisis Management or Sensors or Communications or Software Platforms will be considered a plus
- PhD in Crisis Management or Sensors or Communications or Software Platforms will be considered a plus
- Technical Expertise:
- Strong engineering background in software systems and platforms, telecom and sensors;
- Ability to generate research and promote technology transfer, innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Knowledge of the state of the art information technologies (software systems and platforms, telecom, sensors) in the domain of Security and/or Crisis Management will be considered a strong plus
- Ability to manage and control project management responsibilities including project objectives, requirements and constraints
- Ability to derive technical objectives from application requirements and coordinate local development teams to fulfill those objectives
- Superb organizational skills, keen attention to detail and a proactive and responsible character
- Previous experience on EU Research and Funding Frameworks will be considered as an asset
- Excellent written and oral German and English language communication skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent presentation skills and a proactive character
- Keen in working in a multicultural environment
- Good analytical and strategy development skills
- Ability to analyse, interpret as well as communicate data
- Ability to work with agreed deadlines
- Strong sense of ownership for quality of work and deliverables
- Ability to get people on board
- Dynamic, persistent and result oriented
All positions offer:
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods and of new technologies)
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale technology oriented projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, friendly and creative environment with talented colleagues
- Competitive compensation package