Legal Counsel (PT/FT)
We are Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $5 billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Transferwise, Unilever, and more – and we’re just getting started!
About the Role
As Legal Counsel, you’re the company’s expert for all legal matters. You provide excellent legal advice to all teams and management (commercial law, IT law, competition law, employment law, corporate law as well as data protection). On top of that, you’re the first point of contact for our Data Privacy Officer and our external law firms specialising in different areas of law. You’re also the go-to person for our shareholders in all legal matters and will be coordinating funding rounds in close collaboration with the management, external lawyers and notaries.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts company-wide
- Advise team members in legal questions relating to all different aspects of the business
- Advise People Team in all labour law matters
- Support due diligence by compiling reports and documents for financing rounds / dataroom etc.
Your Skills and Experience
- You had your first and second state exams in law in Germany
- 3+ years of experience at an in-house position or at a law firm with expertise in the above mentioned areas, as well as in contract review and contract drafting
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Confident and assertive, as well as the ability to independently identify and assess risks, develop practical solutions and accompany the correct implementation
- Fluent negotiation skills in German and English, both spoken and written, is required
What We Offer
- Space to develop deep knowledge in diverse areas of law and learn from external legal experts
- Challenging and encouraging work environment
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product
- Lifelong learning budget to contribute to your continuing education
- Yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally
- MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed in our remote working package
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotel
- Regular team outings on our two company boats plus regular social events
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace. Diversity at Latana means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We pride ourselves on working with the best and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our talented team members.