Localization and Translation Specialist (m/f/d) // Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is looking for a Localization and Translation Specialist – French and German (m/f/d) to help broadcast our message and bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every professional designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Localization at Formlabs is a small but growing team, where you will work with technical and marketing content across multiple other teams. Formlabs typically relies on translators to translate from English (source language) to German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese (target languages). As a Localization Team member, you will take care of assuring the communications with external translators and coordinate the in-house revisions to fine-tune the quality of our message and finalize document formatting.
Join the Localization Team @ Formlabs as a Translation Specialist (m/f/d) if you want to play a big part in how our content explains our products and empower us to reach potential customers in a dynamic, global market space.
- Management and creation of termbases
- Revision (QC) and proofreading tasks of translated texts against deadlines
- Communicate internally between requesters, content writers, reviewers, designers, and externally with translators
- Perform pre-translation, including machine translation, terminology extraction, identifying potential errors in the source text, etc
- Perform pre-typesetting, including document exporting, linked media compilation, and specific design requirements
- Compile feedback to and from translators and typesetters, to improve their quality and our process
- Track and maintain versions of documents in internal and external storage libraries across multiple languages
- Use CAT tools such as memoQ to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency
- Check and improve Formlabs guidelines
- Maintain Formlabs termbase and translation memory
- Consult specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology
- Research legal, technical, and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
- Back-up localization project management
- Calculate translation expenses and check invoices from translators
- Help to evaluate and find new service providers.
- You are a grammar expert and have an excellent command (C2 level) in communication in French, German and English
- Bring experience handling – writing, reading, translating, etc – relevant publications, such as technical/scientific, dental and medical, commercial and promotional;
- Have a passion for translation, linguistics, terminology, philology (or a language-related field);
- Are highly organized and accustomed to juggling many tasks and maintaining information in multiple systems;
- Simultaneously maintain a keen eye for detail and the big picture.
- Experience with translation software, such as memoQ, XTM, Trados and Smartling
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools, such as 3D Printing, CAD/CAM, and/or Additive Manufacturing
- An inclusive work environment with diverse, international, inspiring colleagues
- An exceptionally fast-growing company in a highly disruptive industry
- Development opportunities both in-house and offsite
- Catering three times per week, free beverages and snacks
- 50 EUR commuter benefit with BVG
- Discount for Urban Sports Club
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events.
We look forward to your application! Please attach your CV, Cover Letter when applying. Our Team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.