Office & Happiness Manager (m/f/x) / Berlin
At Pepper.com we believe people should be influenced by expert opinions and not by marketing strategies. We want people to find the right product that fits not only their budget, but also their needs. We all have this friend that we call if we need shopping advice and in the online world that is Pepper.com. Our mission is to achieve exactly that, by giving the reach and voice to people like you and me who are passionate about deals and are willing to share their expertise with our communities around the world. We are building the best place for consumers to share their knowledge and learn from other experts to make the best decisions.
To achieve that we need you! Someone who shares our values and is just as passionate as we are about helping over 25 million people every month to make better purchase decisions.
Join us to shape the future of smart shopping! 🛍
We are looking for a well-organized and passionate Office & Happiness Manager to join our wonderful People & Culture team in Berlin. With your creativity and hands-on-mentality you will have the chance to re-shape a colourful office life & spaces. As Office & Happiness Manager you will be at the very heart of Pepper, you will embody our company values and you will be crucial to the smooth running of our company. You will always ensure a feel-good atmosphere in the office and remotely.
This is how you can help us:
- Redesign our office space and make sure it’s a fun, effective, cool, exciting, clean and safe work environment
- Run the day to day office life, be the contact person for all employees’ requests and for external partners (e.g. our cleaning company, the property manager and our company doctor)
- Be the head of our team events (on-site and remotely) and find innovative and inclusive ways to keep our people connected and motivated even if remotely
- Make Slack a fun, enjoyable place for everyone
- Be the “personal” touch of Pepper and make simple gestures a memorable event (onboarding/offboarding, job anniversaries, birthdays, etc..)
- Work closely with our Office Managers in Lyon, London and Canada on organising global events (such as our legendary Kick-off Party) and come up with unique and global experiences for all Pepperians
These skills will make you successful in your role:
- You are a passionate Office Manager with at least 2 years experience in that role
- You speak fluent English and German is your mother tongue
- You have an outgoing, friendly and positive personality
- You bring excellent organisational skills and hands-on-mentality
- You love to establish wellbeing, motivation and a nice working atmosphere
- You can easily deal with several requests at once and prioritise efficiently and work reliably
- Your head is full of ideas & heart full of empathy
This is how we can support you:
- Flexible working hours
- Cozy and relaxed working atmosphere
- International and professional team of motivated people with flat hierarchies
- We care about your mental health! You will have full access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Monthly team events such as paintball, paddling, beer tasting, etc..
- Great office in Torstraße, in the city center easily reachable from any part of Berlin and in the heart of the startup scene
- Join one of the best Berlin employers!
What makes your job different from others?
We are not your classical startup as we actually do not have outside funding. This means we do not chase senseless KPIs to close our next funding round, but aim to make the right decision to lead us to be long-term successful. Pepper.com was founded in 2014 after hotukdeals.com (launched in 2004) and mydealz.de (launched in 2007) merged to build a global shopping community. We found multiple allies around the world to join our vision and are currently over 250 people, more than 40 nationalities split over 12 countries and 4 continents. With our oldest community being over 15 years old we are building things to last and hopefully change peoples’ lives for the better.
We believe hiring should be based on values, passion and soft- and hard-skills. While we acknowledge that we all have bias- gender, race, religion, origin, sexual orientation or age does not play a role in our decision process. Diversity and differences make us stronger as a company, and help us to connect with our community and with each other.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application including:
- A compelling motivation letter
- A clearly arranged CV
- Your earliest possible starting date