We are a climate tech startup on a mission to drive climate action through data and insight. Our team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and scientists, who joined us from Google, MIT, PIK Potsdam and other backgrounds are building a tech platform to empower organisations to take action in tackling the climate crisis. We are building an open-data solution for developers to automatically measure greenhouse gas emissions and consequently act upon robust data and insight. Our flexible tracking API can be integrated into software that businesses already use to accurately calculate and continuously monitor greenhouse gas emissions.
We\’re based in Berlin and backed by renowned VCs and advisors in the climate-tech and software sector.
This is an amazing time to join Climatiq. Be part of real, technology-driven endeavour from the beginning. Work with an amazing team and help build something meaningful together with our community.
We are now looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Berlin.
In this new role, you will be in charge of running the day-to-day operations of Climatiq and helping us scale the company. Your organisational talent and project management skills ensure Climatiq runs smoothly and efficiently.
This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic professional who is experienced in handling a wide range of operational and administrative activities and is able to work autonomously managing multiple stakeholders in a fast-moving environment.
- Work with senior management on planning and executing special projects.
- Coordinating and managing external service providers, including accountants, tax advisors, lawyers, payroll providers etc.
- Taking ownership of operational tasks, including team requests, events and travel planning, purchasing goods and services for the team, and other similar tasks.
- Managing incoming and outgoing invoices and payments, monitoring bank accounts, supervising payroll
- Structure and manage key documents, draft and proofread contracts
- Prepare and coordinate board meetings, investor reporting, agenda, notes etc.
- Support with HR and team admin topics
- Support our B-Corp process as well as 3rd party auditing
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role managing operations, finance, controlling, or similar in fast-paced environments
- Experience with German bookkeeping, accounting, tax, payroll, and HR topics
- Experience with Google Suite, CRM systems, DATEV or other accounting software
- Proactive and self-driven, comfortable with ambiguity in a startup environment
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and structured work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Business-level fluency in German and English
- Location: Berlin. Remote friendly, but requires physical presence in Berlin from time to time
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Hours: full-time, flexible working hours
Climatiq is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Send us your CV and a short cover letter, highlighting your skills and experience, relevant for the role.