Sales Operations Specialist
Despite the global pandemic, Choco keeps on growing. We had to adapt a lot over 2020 and are now kicking off 2021 with an even clearer vision on the challenges ahead. To realize our ambitious growth targets, we are looking for a Support OPS team member who can accelerate our growth in the German market. You’ll be responsible for preparing our customers accounts and ensuring accurate order and supply data in our system. Your thorough understanding of our customers’ needs and efficiency tools is a key factor in the evolution of our internal business processes.
If you are proactive, thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effortlessly and immediately with external and internal stakeholders (a good sense of humour is a must) then you are the perfect fit for our operations team in Berlin.
Location: Berlin (our HQ) // Type of contract: Permanent // German fluency required
Be the backbone of the operations team: Your work will be the fuel for the Sales and Account Management Team. With your detail-orientation and focus you will maximize efficiency for onboardings and boost conversion rates.
Clear expectations and areas of responsibility: A ticket backlog with a variety of cases will allow you to contribute to the clean set-up of user accounts all around the world and at the same time give you an insight into the interesting world of restaurants’ secret ingredients.
A unique understanding of all functions: You will be the master brain of our internal tools such as salesforce and admin data entry. While allowing each function to focus on growth, you will get insights into all aspects of our product and by giving feedback you will ensure that we not only grow externally but at the same time boost efficiency internally.
Experience true teamwork & learn from your colleagues: You’ll be working hand in hand with the rest of our operations teams: Sales, Account Management and also the Global Support Team whom you can learn from and 100% rely on.
SUMMARY OF WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Preparing and sorting documents for data entry in excel before meticulously entering data these into our database software
- Resolving discrepancies in our ticketing system and obtaining further information for incomplete documents
- Developing our support function together with the team, being at the forefront of shaping your areas of responsibilities
- Responding to information requests from other operating functions that require outreach to suppliers and restaurants
- Improvement of the product and internal processes
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Strong communication Internal & External. You communicate problems, system errors or other queries to your team and customers and you are comfortable on the phone able to adjust your tone to your audience.
- Tech savviness. Good Excel skills and data driven (mid-level)
- Meticulosity. Excellent attention to detail and like to solve problems
- Autonomy. You are a fast learner and have a can-do attitude and like to take ownership beyond the obvious.
- Structure. Highly Organised and able to manage multiple priorities
- A strong sense of team. We all wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the team. Talent wins games, but teamwork wins championships – and this is the Champions League.
- Motivation. Either experience or motivation to work in startups wanting to thrive & develop in a fast paced constantly evolving environment.
- Very good German & English skills. Spoken and written.
WHAT WE OFFER:
On a personal level: You will experience a steep learning curve from day one. Your responsibilities will be added fast as this is of the youngest and most volatile roles at Choco, which means that the opportunities at Choco are virtually limitless.
On a team level: Everyone around you wants to be part of your success story. Your managers and team members alike will help you understand the company, our users, as well as day-to-day tips and tricks to max out your out of the box thinking. “T is for team” is a reality at Choco and you’ll only fully understand once you experience it for yourself!
On a company level: You will join a German startup with a global footprint in the early days. The opportunity to learn from our different regions across the world and from departments at our HQ (BI, Product, Tech, Finance & more) is quite unique in the Berlin startup ecosystem. We aspire to scale our company together with this team and make sure we celebrate our victories along the way!
Our vision at Choco is to build a global, yet local, food system that is resourceful, fair to the people, and sustainable for the planet. In order to achieve this, our mission is to lead the world’s transition towards sustainable food systems.
It is a big and meaningful mission and in order for us to achieve it, it has to be broken down into smaller objectives. It is a big mission that can be broken down into smaller objectives. Our first step towards realizing this mission is our food-supply ordering platform which is connecting restaurants and suppliers in order to streamline the way food is traded between them.
The current crisis revealed some of the inefficiencies the food industry is having. We want to support the industry that is so dear to us and help them utilize their potential. Thanks to our investors (COATUE, Bessemer Venture Partners, Atlantic Labs and others), we have the means to support our ambition. Our Series A funding presents us with a unique opportunity and privilege to develop valuable tools for the gastronomy industry of a post-pandemic world.