Technical Customer Success Manager
About the role
Apheris is pioneering a new way to securely share data across companies, and our enterprise customer base is growing at pace. To ensure our customers are wildly successful with the Apheris Platform for Collaborative Data Ecosystems, we’re looking for a Technical Customer Success Manager to work with and empower our customers as they begin their data-collaboration journey with us.
You will closely collaborate with our CEO Robin, our CTO Michael, our Revenue Leader Brigid and our new VP Engineering Eero. From day one, you will be a key contributor to strategic product roadmap decisions based on the feedback you gather from customer interactions. You will shape the functions and department that is growing between Product and Customer Delivery. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves rolling up their sleeves and getting hands-on in customer engagements to simultaneously shape the future of our cutting-edge technology and how we make our customers successful.
We’re seeking candidates with experience of high-growth, fast-paced environments and who have a track record of building best-in-class technical data products that users and B2B customers love. With your strong data science and cloud platform expertise coupled to a genuine interest to dig deep into industry verticals, you will team up with our customers’ data science teams to support them from their first deployment of the Apheris Platform throughout their entire (data-collaboration) journey with Apheris, building the foundations for future growth and expansion within the account. You will be our customers’ go-to person on the technical side, helping to understand their technical and functional requirements, break requirements into milestones, co-build data pipelines and models with their data science teams and own the roll-out and onboarding processes.
What you will do
- Work directly with a portfolio of customers, helping them to drive significant value from the Apheris Platform
- Design and own implementation of project plans in close collaboration with our customers. You will nurture and cultivate strategic relationships at senior and executive levels within our customers to push the projects forward
- Deliver implementations of the Apheris Platform tailored to our customer’s needs Work hands-on with our users to realize their use-cases with our platform
- Consolidate customers’ requirements and communicate them to product management and R&D teams
- As a power user of our platform, run demonstrations including for Beta versions and new product capabilities to our customers
- Drive the customer experience to achieve targets on renewal rates, customer satisfaction, expansions, upsells and new opportunities
You should apply if
- Degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology/Chemistry, Engineering
- At least 3-5 years of industry working experience in a customer facing role with large enterprise clients on Data Science and ML projects
- Technical project management, business communication skills and customer-centric mindset
- Genuine interest to dive deep into industry specific data science problems
- Understanding of ML-Ops and what it means to bring ML into production
- Coding skills in Python and typical data science libraries (pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, …)
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills coupled to excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fascination of working on cutting-edge technology in a fast-paced environment and a young start-up
- Self-motivation, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty
Bonus points if
- Expertise in the healthcare/ pharma-sector or in manufacturing
- SaaS B2B industry experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud-native application development, including Docker containers, preferably on AWS
- Experience with distributed or federated data processing (e.g., federated machine learning)
- Based in Berlin (option to work remote)
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- High degree of empowerment from our Founders
- Impact; you build up your own team, and you contribute to developing an entirely new discipline that will change how value is unlocked from data
- Autonomy; we want to hire you because of your expertise and knowledge, and we’ll give you the space to do your best work
- A fun and diverse team of smart and very driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- A very competitive employee participation program
- Gigantic company benefit package including monthly perks from heyday, budget for your individual home office equipment, and > EUR 1000 yearly for personal development
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
- Possibility to work remote
Here’s a bit more about our culture and ambitions at Apheris!
We are Apheris, a deep tech company at the forefront of the AI revolution that is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent how organizations collaborate and extract value from data.
The Apheris Platform sets out to empower organizations to securely analyze distributed data of multiple parties, while keeping proprietary information private. Our platform allows multiple organizations with complementary data to create an Apheris Data Ecosystem and generate shared value from their data. We have set up such Data Ecosystems for large enterprise customers in healthcare, pharma and chemical R&D, and we are ready for the next big challenges.
Our company is a community of interdisciplinary and industry-leading researchers and engineers. As a team, we work to solve complex problems in order to revolutionize the ways that our customers can interact with data. We are driven by our high-impact values and strive for the impossible. Together, we aim to create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We take pride in Apheris’ supportive environment and share responsibilities and ownership. We are proactive thinkers, are hungry to learn and stay humble as we grow.
We are backed by top investors and tech industry innovators, including LocalGlobe, MuleSoft founder Ross Mason and Twitter board chairman Patrick Pichette (former CFO of Google) and we work closely with Fortune 500 customers to develop our globally leading enterprise Apheris Platform for federated and privacy preserving data science. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recruiting for ambitious and adventurous team members to help us build a better future for data.
Our interview process is split into three phases:
- Initial Screening: If your application matches our requirements, we invite you to an initial video call to explore the fit. In this 30-45 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. The interviewer will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills, as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have.
- Deep Dive: In this phase, a domain expert from our team will assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about meaningful experiences or your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for up to three hours of targeted sessions with our founders, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.
Our mission statement
Securely connect data across organizations to collaboratively solve the largest problems our planet is facing.