Technical Support Engineer
Studio 3T has one mission: to build the finest NoSQL tools available. Over the last five years we have firmly established ourselves at the forefront of NoSQL innovation and the NoSQL tooling market with over 400,000 active users of our MongoDB IDE – Studio 3T and Robo 3T products. Our official office language is English, and we have teammates from over 20 nationalities.
About the job
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our expanding team. You will work closely with all of our departments, foremost the Development and QA teams, but also our Customer Insights, Sales, and Marketing teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our products and their features.
- Monitor and respond to technical support cases reported by our users.
- Follow up on reports in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Investigate, reproduce, and confirm customer reported issues.
- Help users to troubleshoot first-level technical problems.
- Identify common issues to create and facilitate useful templates for replies.
- Communicate with our QA and Development teams where this is necessary.
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin office (though currently we are principally working from home, given the COVID situation).
First and foremost, you are a passionate, self-motivated Technical Support Engineer ready to learn our IDE for MongoDB inside out, so that you can troubleshoot our users’ most common problems.
In a startup, projects evolve and switch direction quickly, so we value passion, resilience, ideas and a pragmatic attitude over formal qualifications.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Technical affinity – Build and maintain a deep knowledge of our products and features.
- Proactive approach – Stay on top of the latest MongoDB updates and be comfortable with navigating technical documentation – whether it’s MongoDB or StackOverflow – to get to the bottom of issues.
- Communication skills – Excellent ability in crafting replies and follow-ups – we expect you to write technical explanations and instructions in a clear, digestible way – and also to communicate trends and issues to the rest of the team.
- Organization skills – Be able to spot common trends across issues and users and create templates and optimize processes where needed.
Extra credit for having any of the following:
- Existing knowledge of MongoDB databases or our main product, Studio 3T.
- An understanding of software engineering or quality assurance for software products.
- Experience using desktop applications on any/all of Windows, macOS, Ubuntu Linux.
- Previous working experience with Hubspot.
What we offer
- The chance to work on supporting our complex and interesting MongoDB IDE products and really have your voice heard in making an impact on the final result
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working from home policy
- 30 days holiday allowance
- A great environment: our team is sociable, diverse, and most of all, inclusive
- A great space to work: our new office space comes with free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, and beer, as well as fitness classes on Mondays, yoga on Thursdays, free German courses, and the occasional free pizza lunch. Being a start-up, we of course have a ping-pong table (and a CEO who’s hard to beat).
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, please send us your covering letter and CV in English to:
We look forward to hearing from you.