Venture Developer – Business // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing’s Venture Development Team is at the core of our business: co-developing the visions of our founders into the next disruptive companies of the future.
We are specialized in the creation of deep tech companies, and consider ourselves a co-founder for entrepreneurs that seek to accelerate and support their enterprises, from the conception and ideation phase to mature ventures.
We are looking for a full-time Venture Developer who will actively drive the process of startup development. This means you evaluate, create, develop and support companies integrally together with our team of experts from all departments (financing, engineering, operations, and marketing).
In a nutshell: We look for someone who enjoys and excels at creating companies at the forefront of digital innovation in the technological fields of Internet-of-Things, artificial intelligence and/or blockchain.
These will be your tasks
- Develop ventures from the very original concept through the early stages into maturity
- Build and evaluate business cases and models in IoT, Blockchain and AI from scratch, lead the development process and be part of their growth
- Coordinate efforts with our industry partners and network of entrepreneurs
- Research, develop and implement new ideas which will turn into the next big thing
- Directly interact with our founders / Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and take responsibility for monitoring and supporting the development of their ideas
- Coach, mentor, inspire and challenge our ventures is an integral part of your department
- Managing complexity: multiple projects, multiple stakeholders, multiple processes
- Support the ventures in the development of KPIs by setting goals, benchmarks, measures and eventually sharing best-practices
You’re offering these qualifications
- Entrepreneurial spirit, experience, and hands-on mentality to drive our ventures to success
- Several years of experience in a startup environment, preferably in venture development, consultancy or an incubator is a big plus
- Entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Existing network in the startup ecosystem, ideally in deep-tech
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Excitement for tackling complex business situations
- Fluent in English and German is preferred
We’re offering these benefits
A sweet deal
- Full empowerment and trust given to you
- Ownership of your projects
- Open minded working environment
- Experienced team you can learn from
- Competitive salary
- Free drinks & fruits
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café and a ball-pit!
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
Relocation & EU work visa
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.