VP Operations (f/m/d) – Berlin
Hi there!! We are looking for a VP of Operations, who will help us master the business operations for the most advanced content platform worldwide. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate, and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
We are focused on product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user-facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
You will report to the CEO and will work together with different stakeholders and own our business operations.
What you will be working on
- Managing accounts receivables as well as accounts payables, including collecting due invoices as well as preparing wire transfers.
- Managing invoice management, expense management (PLEO) and related processes to make sure that all business transactions can be booked accurately.
- Helping to prepare the monthly and annual statutory accounts in close co-operation with the tax advisor.
- Being the central contact person for auditors, tax consultants and the management regarding all financial topics.
- Working together with the HR department to support the tax advisor in payroll accounting.
- Managing 1-2 part-time/ full-time employees and growing your team in the long term.
- Creating the monthly and annual management accounts.
- Supporting the management in investor reporting and help to continuously evolve the standards.
- Creating and monitoring company-specific KPIs and budget plans and creating cash flow and liquidity plans as well as other relevant financial analysis, closely with C-level.
- Being the internal go-to-person for legal questions regarding templates and frameworks for employees, commercial contracts, privacy and other business related topics according to German law.
- Co-ordinating and working together with external legal advisors, privacy experts, auditors etc.
- Become the owner for driving the ISO 27001 certification process of GraphCMS.
- Overseeing the day-to-day office operations and also managing 1-2 part-time/ full-time employees in the long term
- Managing the procurement/ supplies for office/ equipment related items and managing the inventory.
What we expect from you
- You have 4-5 years professional experience in the fields of finance, operations or similar with exposure to the areas listed above.
- You have ideally worked for a fast-growing start-up up (between 100-500 FTEs) or for one of the BIG4 before.
- You are fluent in German and have a very good command of written and spoken English (C1 min).
- You ideally have worked with tools such as Datev, Pleo, Google Sheets etc.
- You either have a degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have ideally managed a team of 2-5 individual contributors before.
- You are a highly structured, precise and numerically driven person.
- Also you show a great level of responsibility, independence and resourcefulness.
- You are comfortable being an individual contributor as well as working within a team. You work independently with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our teams’ success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Interview with People Manager and Hiring Manager
- Case study or assignment if applicable
- Team – fit call