Workplace Experience Manager for Outdoor Startup // Fatmap
Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is a growing Outdoor Adventure Technology Company, building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionising the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a fast growing community of outdoor enthusiasts, to enjoy better, safer adventure.
The role of our Workplace Experience Manager at FATMAP is bursting with variety. You will be responsible for everything relating to our working environment and ensuring we have the best possible space for collaboration and focussed work.
We are looking for an organized all-rounder, multi-tasker and problem-solver with a friendly and “let’s get this done today” attitude. You will be the backbone of our office here in Berlin but also the glue that binds everyone together across all our offices in Berlin, Vilnius and Chamonix.
Join us, take initiative and gain responsibility along with growth opportunities, while supporting the company’s ongoing growth and success.
- Have a great sense for hospitality and help shape a positive office culture, bring in new ideas to increase productivity and motivation of the team.
- Organize and support all types of company operations for all our offices such as controlling correspondence, expense reports – working closely with our legal, accounting and payroll providers.
- Act as a competent go-to person for any topics around office organisation, supplies, and service providers.
- Implement, organize and store documentation for our wiki/records, as protocols, inventories, manuals, how to’, etc
- Ensure the offices are in top shape and the best place to work.
- Last but not least – organise our team tours: we have a big team retreat once per year where everybody from FATMAP gets together at some beautiful remote spot to test our product, do strategy sessions and have a great time together. Example: We made the first map of East Greenland since 1954 and used it as an excuse to go skiing and put FATMAP to the test ;) You can see a short film about that here: https://www.bentibbetts.com/film/a-line-in-the-snow-greenland/
- +1 year of work experience in a similar position, ideally within an international dynamic organization, e.g. as a Student or Junior Office Manager.
- Either German or English native with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fast, highly organized, able to juggle multiple schedules while managing priorities and keeping an overview on the bigger picture.
- Extremely detail oriented and an eye for optimising in any relevant manner.
- Deep focus on employee well-being and always act in a service-oriented manner.
- Experience with basic office software: Google/ Microsoft cloud
What we offer
- Ideal career start opportunity for anyone ready to take over responsibility from day 1
- A great open space office environment in Kreuzberg, Berlin
- Monday team lunch, one cake day per week and free breakfast, coffee, fruits, etc.
- The technical tools (laptop, screens etc.) of your choice
- Unlimited reference materials (for both tech and adventure)
- Regular team/company trips to outdoor adventure destinations
- Regular coaching and communications training
- Outdoor Adventure as your core working topic – including an office/ apartment space in the mountains of Chamonix for you to receive your regular alpine inspiration dose
- The option of starting with a part-time contract of 4 hrs per day and then increase hours later on towards a full-time contract
How to apply
If you the above sounds like you, and you’re ready to join a team of ambitious adventurers we’d love to hear from you!
You’ll have a brief initial video call with our HR to give you the opportunity to find out more about FATMAP, and for us to find out more about you. If that goes well, it will be followed by face to face interview rounds with your future colleagues.