Mitte is on a mission to provide healthy hydration for Every Body. Having created the world’s first smart water system inspired by the natural water cycle, we are driven to reinvent the way water is consumed globally. Our solution allows users to create personalized mineralized water at home, giving them control over their drinking water while minimizing plastic wastage. We are launching in 2020 and our product offer will be extended into an ecosystem covering all user touch-points from home, on-the-go and at work. Our process works in two simple steps. First, we purify water with proprietary technology. After the purification, the water is enhanced through a unique, patent-pending mineralization process, where purified water flows through a cartridge that contains several layers of natural mineral ingredients. Mitte was initiated at the beginning of 2016. Our international team consists of members from over twenty countries across six continents and is backed by experienced global investors, who share our sustainable vision. We are an entrepreneurial group, excited about using engineering and design to bring innovative and sustainable products to the market.
It’s an exciting time to join Mitte. As we move closer to our launch date, we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. With your experience, eagerness to learn and passion for problem-solving, you will be working closely with multidisciplinary Research and Development Teams and key stakeholders across the organization to support our Hardware products from the first idea into Mass Production. Join our amazing team in Berlin and help us bring Mitte to the world!
- Plan, break down and estimate deliverables and tasks with your team
- Full responsibility and ownership for the CAD assembly of our products including external development
- Drive external/internal partners and interfaces like Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, SCM, Suppliers, DFM, ODM, and Manufacturers in terms of mechanical engineering
- Optimize parts, assemblies, build logic and architecture to ensure the feasibility of the design, system architecture, manufacturing, assembly, user experience, and maintenance
- Specification, design, development, review, and test of mechanical parts and assemblies.Space allocation as well as configuration and collision control using e.g. ECAD data
- Specify, review, create and deliver relevant data for mock-ups, prototypes and tooling including 3D files, specifications, drawings, critical dimensions, tolerances, material specifications
- Own and drive Bills of Material in terms of estimations, reviews of quotes, cost downs, regular updates
- Creation, assembly, test, and review of prototypes as well as support for user tests
- Own and drive the life cycle of parts and assemblies utilizing change notes and deviation waivers
- Support the manufacturing process up to and during mass production
- Support product specifications and testable requirements.
- Identify, document, communicate and track issues
- Take part in and support research projects.
- Successful degree in Mechanical Engineering / similar fields or extensive experience using mentioned skillset
- Several years in product development with a track record of released products
- Professional experience in developing injection molding, sheet metal, and other relevant parts
- You are a skilled user of CAD SW and willing to become a professional in Solidworks
- Willingness to use and grow your skills in creating parametric parts and assemblies utilizing and expanding the available tools.Ability to create and read simulation analysis like FEM, Moldflow, etc.
- Willingness to drive interfaces towards colors, materials, finish, certification, regulation
- You are always aiming to reduce complexity and costs.
- Team player attitude and great communication skills
- Willingness to work in an agile and multidisciplinary environment
- Great planning, negotiation, and organizational skills
- You are comfortable to guide and mentor your colleagues as well and share and exchange knowledge and insights.
- Fluent English language writing and speaking skills
- Experience with international manufacturers, ODM- and DFM partners as well as CMs
- Experience with food-grade or water-bearing applications
- Experience with pumps, valves, and pipes
- Experience with consumer products and high volume mass production
- Experience in working with UX and Industrial Designers
- Experience in working in and with cross-functional teams
Our culture and values are central to Mitte’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. In addition, you can expect:
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team events
- A flexible learning budget of 1,000EUR per year
- Competitive salary
- A Modern office space with roof terrace in central Kreuzberg
- A Membership for Urban Sports Club
- Reduced fare BVG ticket
- 28 vacation days