Senior Data Analyst (m/f/d)
About your new role:
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join us in our Berlin office. You will be part of a dynamic, passionate and diverse team who always strive to bring precise and exact reports across Penta and ensure we adopt a strong data-driven culture. You will assist with documentation of our internal knowledge so that we have a central place for all things ‘Data’ and evolve that space to become a Knowledge Base hub for the company.
Within the role, you will also focus on the education of the Pentontians on the importance on how to approach data, improve their skills such as SQL/Tableau, what to look at when looking at graphs and how to use Tableau to better understand the product or customer performance.
Additionally, the analyst is responsible to be a consultant to the internal stakeholders thus advising them on best practices for accessing data, looking at data and in providing them with the best possible solution – scale, efficient and effective for the task at hand.
In your new role you will:
- Conceptualise, build and execute a project from end-to-end – from concept through implementation and delivery.
- Educate stakeholders in the organisation about how to increase their data skills and acumen – SQL, how to look at data, what to look for.
- Help increase the data culture throughout the organisation creating engaging dashboards and bringing insights.
- Provide internal stakeholders with dashboards & analytics across various business verticals with a high degree of reliability & detail.
- Document processes, definitions & decisions together with other members of the Business Insights team.
- Work on time-critical ad-hoc requests.
- Analyse business KPIs by yourself and extrapolate valuable insights to stakeholders.
- Develop new solutions looking for a scalable approach that can be used widely when applicable.
What do you need to be successful?
- Minimum 4 years working as a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or similar role.
- Previous experience working in the financial sector is a major plus.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Expertise building dashboards and running analyses with – Tableau, Power BI or similar.
- Bachelors or Masters, preferably in Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Analytics or Business or Finance related discipline.
- High analytical skills; ability to clean, scrutinise and investigate data and translate it into meaningful reports, insights and high-level information.
- Strong communication skills in English – both written and verbal, including the ability to clearly articulate messages.
- Self-starter and a team player able to work under high levels of pressure through challenging deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new technologies & tools.
- Experience with Gitlab or Github a plus.
- Experience with Snowflake, a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a group of diverse and talented peers with a growth mindset and “get shit done” attitude.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy.
- The ability to change the way banking works for SMEs, startups and freelancers.
- Wellness program across our locations: flexible working hours, Yoga once per week, counselling.
- Strong network of companies and experts as part of the finleap family, Europe’s No.1 fintech ecosystem.
- Choice of computer.
- 28 days of vacation.
- Personal learning budget.
- Company-wide events – we believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office.
- Ability to travel between our offices.
Penta is on a mission to become the digital financial partner for SMEs, entrepreneurs & freelancers and provide them with the experience they deserve when it comes to handling their finances with ease and transparency. We are trusted by more than 20,000 clients and we are on a path to grow even more.
We are a team of 100+ stubborn professionals striving towards the same goal; making Penta’s product the best. When we see our customers happy, it motivates us even more to push traditional boundaries and inspires us to reimagine business banking for good.
Penta has international offices in Berlin and Belgrade
Sounds good? Then we’d love to get to know you!
“Penta embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We don’t just accept difference, we thrive from it and it’s the basis of our success. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.”