Associate Director of Product Management – International Markets (f/m/x)
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems – like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of more than 15 million items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Associate Director of our International markets team, you’re responsible for optimizing Wayfair’s suite of brands in all of our non-U.S. markets so we deliver the best possible customer experience. Our existing businesses in Canada, the U.K., and Germany are already generating billions in sales annually and are among the fastest growing at Wayfair but there’s still tons of opportunity to tailor the App and Web experiences to better meet local needs and expectations. Leaders across the company will be looking to you to set and execute a product strategy that helps further accelerate our growth. You’ll wear many hats, building relationships across the entire organization in order to effectively drive nuance and impact on top of a global platform which means every day will be different.
What You’ll Do
- Quickly learn how our target international markets differ from the core U.S. business, becoming the go-to expert and chief customer advocate for our international customers
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives and transform that knowledge into website + app enhancements and new features across all our international businesses
- Break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Partner closely with engineering and product partners across the organization to ensure our tech platform is being built in a way that makes it easy to develop and maintain nuanced experiences across our different markets.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and ensure those interests are represented amongst all product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Establish resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required as we launch new markets
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of professional experience, with 7+ years in product management conducting iterative product development
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives by establishing strong partnerships with peers and executive leaders, effectively setting expectations, managing conflict, and creating buy-in for recommendation
- Experience driving large projects across a large, complex organization
- Track record building experiences that effectively solve a customer pain point and yield significant business impact
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team
What we will gladly offer
- Highly competitive compensation packages (comprising of Base Salary, Bonuses and Equity). Full VISA sponsorship.
- Full ownership of your wellbeing with our unlimited “Personal Time Off”,
- Paid volunteering work,
- Contribution to private pension,
- Commuting schemes (car, bike, public transport),
- Extensive internal training platform,
- Free access to LinkedIn e-learning courses and programs,
- Comprehensive financial scheme for Learning & Development opportunities and continuous education,
- Access to German language courses,
- Health & Sport memberships,
- Virtual child care,
- Global Wellbeing Program,
- Employee discount for Wayfair purchases,
- Corporate benefits
- Full VISA sponsorship, plus relocation support