Co-founder, VP Product (full/part time)
01’s vision combines what Google did for search and what Amazon did for eCommerce to build the “Internet of Data”: a single access point to all the data in the world, including free and commercial data. Our data network connects all datasets and data points, such as health & life-science data for health AI or for new drug development etc.
Our Go-To-Market focuses on the US healthcare & life-science market.
01 is a continuation from two previous companies dealing with data trading, data access, and data sharing via data marketplace platforms, data transfer technologies, GDPR-compliance-by-design, using both centralised and distributed networks.
Why we do what we do
Data is currently the most valuable and critical asset that drives innovation across sectors (e.g., for AI and analytics), For us at 01, access to data means the core of innovation, especially when it comes to health and life-science data. Here are some examples of what we care about:
- Detection of health issues and customized intervention, e.g, via DNA analysis before and during pregnancy to prevent complications for mothers or their children.
- Prevention of potential health issues, e.g., via new drug development and personalized treatments to cure so-far incurable diseases like Cancer, Alzheimer or Diabetes;
- Improving population health through the understanding and changing the conditions that determine them. e.g., creating nutrition and health programs for developing countries or worse-off communities.
- 5 years experience on either technical product management and/or UX/UI
- Experience creating strategic product roadmaps from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Experience developing digital products and technologies.
- Fluent English.
- Bachelor’s degree in UX/UI, computer engineering or related field
- Experience in founding or working in early-stage startups
- 10+ years experience in leading technical product operations or having a substantial influence on product, especially on UX/UI
- Market and business oriented rather than technology oriented
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing, methods and tools
- Experience in data related operations, especially in healthcare and life-science
- Experience in software engineering
- Self-learner, nice, people and team person, fast-fast-fast
- In partnership with the executive team, drive company success through an aggressive business-oriented product approach and an overall strategic view.
- Understand markets, competition, tech trends and user requirements in depth.
- Plan and launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly, while reviewing and using existing tech platform, solutions and tools.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, legal, UX, etc.
- Develop innovative solutions to the cross-industry problem of access to data
- Set up and manage company communication systems, marketing tools, data privacy and security
- Communicate the company’s product & technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement as needed
- Establish and supervise a QA process, including integration and system testing
- Set up and monitor web analytics to measure site traffic and application usage relative to business goals
- Reporting – develop, track, and control the development and deployment per annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all product team staff
What you can expect:
- Initial compensation is equity-based. We are starting a funding round in August. Salaries depend on revenue or the financing round.
- Professional growth potential per your and the company’s performance – we’re looking for someone to run a marathon with us that ends in a Billion dollar Exit.
More about 01:
- You will be coming into an ongoing operation slightly rebranded, evolving from two previous companies and a 6 year run. You will be picking up and improving on existing work in one of the most relevant fields today.
- The CEO is an experienced entrepreneur who previously founded four ventures. The VP Technology has 20 years experience in data engineering and data science operations
- There are existing product history and knowledge, market knowledge, best practices, access to customers, partners and investors
- We are an A-team and are looking for serious, professional A-players.
- We’re building an enterprise for an exit in ~3 years, not a mobile app.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com