CPO (Chief Product Officer) (f/m/d)
We are JOIN (www.join.com), Europe’s fastest growing HR Tech company with over 12’000 clients in the DACH region and over 10’000 candidates applying through our software every day.
Our ambition is to change the way companies hire on a global scale. Still fully bootstrapped with 25 hyper-motivated employees, we are now looking for a CPO to level up our game, strengthen our product team in Berlin, and support our strong growth and vision to become Europe’s largest and greatest talent attraction software.
Your ambition is to set a global standard in user scale and software quality to build the leading talent attraction software for users across geographies, industries and functions. Although our SaaS offers a broad value scope, it can be implemented with low effort, is easy to use, and has a beautiful design users love. You achieve this in collaboration with stakeholders inside and outside of the company, realized by an outstandingly strong product team.
As CPO, you are part of the Management Team, fully responsible for the Product Team and reporting directly to founders.
In this role, you drive the vision and strategy for our product portfolio, identifying potential product improvements through data and user feedback, and addressing them via iterative experimentation, implementation, and optimization.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Implement a clear product prioritization process involving all stakeholders, with transparent criteria and data-driven backward assessment to continuously define and adjust the product roadmap for the next 6-12 months
- Recruit, retain and develop a world-class team of product managers, and UI/UX experts
- Communicate and build relationships with customers, partners, and stakeholders (CEO, CTO, COO)
- Facilitate agile cross-functional teams (PM, Design, Development, Back-Office) with an efficient, self-driven collaboration structure, individual output objectives, and strong product KPI reporting
- Establish a transparent, ongoing product visibility process, keeping all stakeholders informed about relevant topics
- Train the team members across departments, from newbies to seasoned team members, on major product aspects and new developments
- Ensure timey, self-explanatory product documentation for user support and marketing purposes
You must bring with you the following:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a product management role, ideally with B2B software background or B2B consumer SaaS
- Experience scaling and managing a team of A-players, setting high objectives and the culture to reach them
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with excitement for the idea of managing multiple responsibilities at once
- Experience working in agile product development environments, with flexible approaches to project management
- Strong user experience intuition, empathy with users, and ability to discern seamless UX from poor UX
- Self-identification as a coach, providing guidance & development to your team, and serving as role model
- Excellent English (verbal and written)
Your personality can be described as:
- Impatient, results-driven and pushy, preferring “better 70% now than 100% later”
- Good planner, with imagination to predict potential outcomes and evaluate risks early
- Entrepreneurial spirit that can operate independently
- Driven and creative
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Flexible and adaptable
- Detail- and quality-oriented
- Structured & process-orientated
Sounds like a match? We’d love to talk!
Submit your application today and let’s start the conversation: in your cover letter, tell us what’s important for you, and describe your goals for the next step in your career.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!