Head of Product Design (m/f/d)
As one of Berlin’s fastest growing SaaS scaleups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility. By combining live car data and a set of cloud-based applications, we offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to help our customers reduce the operational costs for their fleets.
By serving SMB’s to large enterprises in DACH and the UK, Vimcar already has 100,000+ connected cars. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 175 employees from 26+ countries are working towards our mission to build Europe’s leading fleet tech company.
Important information regarding COVID-19: the safety of our employees is very important to us. Therefore, you can expect the application process, as well as the start of your employment with us to be remote until further notice.
In this high impact role, you will have the opportunity to shape the success of our business, by elevating the user experience of an already well-loved product. Always keeping the bigger picture in mind, you will nurture and scale a team of highly skilled and energetic product designers, and ensure our product development and vision align with broader business objectives.
- You lead, develop and empower a team of Product Designers, and are actively involved in scaling the team.
- You will be in charge of streamlining the design processes for all of the product teams and make sure they are embedded in our ways of working.
- You build the overall structure and vision for design practice at Vimcar, and take ownership for User Experiences across multiple product lines.
- Together with your team you will research, plan and architect the user experience for our products and services.
- You take a customer-centric and data driven approach to design, incorporating user testing and data analysis to validate design concepts and turn complex user actions into one simple and intuitive product journey.
- 6+ years in UX & UI Design, with expertise in design thinking and service design
- 3+ years leading and mentoring design teams
- People-first mentality, motivated to lead, coach and develop our Product Designers
- Proven experience contributing to overall product strategy
- Ability to make things happen with limited direction – excellent proactive attitude
- Portfolio with design samples for cross-platform digital products
- Experience with common tools for prototyping, usability testing & project management
- Familiarity with scrum, and collaborating closely with engineering teams
- Strong communication skills in English
- [BONUS] Business fluent in German
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Personal learning budget to support your professional growth, as well as free in-house language courses
- Access to company carsharing, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including bike-leasing benefits, mental health services, and memberships with Headspace and Urban Sports.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Let us get to know you better, and let’s find out together if we’ll make a great match! If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’re happy to help!