Head of Product & Operations (F/M/X) // scondoo
We are looking for someone who can jointly lead and scale up scondoo through the next level of expansion. Focussed on the product and operational delivery side of the business you will partner with the Commercial Head to jointly lead the German unit within the wider company. You will therefore lead the development of our app, web site as well as our white label web offerings and the operational delivery of our campaigns and wider team elements.
Following a change ownership in mid 2017, scondoo has grown rapidly to become the No.1 grocery mobile cashback provider in Germany. Delivering programs for hundreds of FMCG branded clients across the food and drink categories. The team comprises Commercial, local Tech, Campaign Management, Marketing, Analysis and member administration. You will also be working directly with the wider CheckoutSmart team based in London.
If you are looking to step up to a broader business leadership role, whilst owning the progress of our user experience and client delivery, then this is the role for you.
We are looking for someone who…
Focusses on clients and members – You champion the needs of our members & clients. You advocate for them with your internal teams. You are constantly look for ways to not only remove pain points for members and add clear value for clients.
Solves problems – Excited about challenges and look beyond obvious constraints to develop solutions that achieve more.
Delivers results – You’re focused on hitting objectives and delivering results with high standard through commitment and team energisation.
Provides leadership – You take initiative and don’t wait to be asked. You can operate successfully and independently in a rapidly changing environment taking on multiple roles.
Leads with facts – You should have the ability to strike a balance between anecdotal evidence and analytical rigour with a preference for hard evidence, working with all sources of data including financial.
Manages people excellently – An strong people developer able to vary approach to motivate and develop a wide range of reports.
The position is based in our office in the centre of Berlin.
- Scondoo operational leadership, delivering new client solutions and member programs.
- Local product delivery focused around our white label HTML programs for FMCG manufacturers.
- Team leadership of operations comprising campaign creation/management, product management, project management, B2C marketing, customer service and HR.
- Joint site leadership.
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, maths, finance, business or economics
- Professional experience in product management, operations, program management or consulting experience with approximately +7 years of cumulative experience.
- Data-driven decision making or quantitative analysis skills. Ability to investigative problem at hand, dive deep to the root cause of a problem and support it with analytical data and finally address the issue.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics, proven line manager capability.
- Ability to thrive in an agile and rapidly changing environment on business-critical projects and initiatives
- Willingness to get into detail with analytical skills to work with and analyse data (Excel/SQL)
- A desire to work in a small, dynamic environment with a lot of autonomy and visibility.
- Fluent German & good English
- MBA or Masters degree in Engineering, Management, or Technology
- Experience of delivering features and products from small, geographically spread, hardworking teams.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- The salary is flexible enough to attract the best candidates