Product Development Manager // mitte
Product Development Manager
(Hardware and Digital)
Mitte is on a mission to provide healthy hydration for Every Body. Having created the world’s first smart water system inspired by the natural water cycle, we are driven to reinvent the way water is consumed globally. Our solution allows users to create personalized mineralized water at home, giving them control over their drinking water while minimizing plastic wastage.
Our offer will be extended into an ecosystem covering all user touchpoints. Our process works in two simple steps. First, it purifies water with a proprietary distillation-based method. After the purification, the water is enhanced through a unique, patent-pending mineralization process, where purified water flows through a cartridge that contains several layers of mineral ingredients.
Mitte was initiated at the beginning of 2016. Our international team consists of members from over fifteen countries across six continents and is backed by experienced global investors, who share our sustainable vision. We are an entrepreneurial group, excited about using engineering and design to bring innovative and sustainable products to the market.
It’s an exciting time to join Mitte. We are currently moving closer to our launch date and starting to think about the products that come next, so we are looking for a passionate product person to join our team.
As part of the product team, you will support the product development process by defining product specifications for different features and following up on the process from the initial requirements until implementation.
Your goal is to make sure that we build amazing products that create genuine value for Users, the Planet and Mitte. The product team works closely with the engineering, operations, marketing, business development teams, and external partners, making sure our products stay user-relevant but are also technically, financially and operationally possible.
- Develop a deep understanding of market and user needs – in collaboration with the user research and marketing teams
- Manage definition, development, and implementation of specific product features by:
- Creating clear product requirements and specifications
- Bringing the right people together and enabling discussions to reach the best solutions
- Negotiate product trade-offs by keeping a healthy balance between cost, time, usability and complexity
- Managing product specification changes while ensuring alignment among different teams
- Support UX in the creation of user stories, user journeys, and product flows.
- Potentially take the lead on current and future sub-products (such as digital environments or the Mitte Bottle)
- Support the definition of revenue models and pricing for products
- Collaborate on the implementation of alpha and beta testing programs for products prior to launch
- Previous experience (min. 2 years) in a product role working with a physical product
- Degree in Business, Engineering or similar
- Able to build budget scenarios, LTV calculations, cash flows, and business models via e.g. Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to understand complex processes and problems, and explain them in clearer and simpler ways
- Ability to transform consumer insights into clear recommendations for the engineering team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Full English proficiency (speaking, reading & writing)
- A strong team player able to work in an international environment with different disciplines (operations, hardware, software, business, marketing, etc)
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and in several simultaneous projects
- German language skills
- Engineering and/or business background
- Previous experience in the food and beverage industry, IoT, sustainability or circular economy
Our culture and values are central to Mitte’s philosophy. Every day we embrace a more diverse workforce and inclusive environment. We encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work. In addition, you can expect:
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team events
- A flexible learning budget of 1,000EUR per year
- A Modern office space with roof terrace in Kreuzberg
- A Membership for Urban Sports Club
- 28 vacation days