Product Owner – Haptic Design // Lofelt
As Product Owner – Haptic Design, you will lead a new product development team through discovering and delivering a suite of professional haptic design tools for creatives. You will disambiguate the direction of the design tools so that there is clear priority and direction for the team when it comes to the feature set, the primary user groups targeted as well as the platforms and workflows the design tools should support.
This is a cutting edge, exciting new area of design where Lofelt will play a major part in shaping how multiple industries integrate haptics into their creative work. As part of a small, fast-growing team working with agile methodologies, you’ll find many opportunities in this new space to grow your skill set and take on new roles and challenges within the organisation.
What you will do
- Together with your team, build and own artefacts like story maps to develop a clear understanding of workflows for various user segments, the problems most important to address for those users and the key areas of highest value
- Plan, prioritise and execute on a backlog of features with your team, making decisions daily on the necessary scope for the feature to bring value to users
- Lead the team through UX and UI design iterations on features, validating the team’s findings as you go with a representative set of real world users
- Question, recognize and stay ahead of problems, lead team’s thought process to determine solutions and decisions.
- Encourage the team and drive the product vision: empower team members to take ownership.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role delivering products for professionals
- Expertise in at least one of the core domains: haptics, DSP, audio design, authoring, creative tools
- A sense for user experience and design
- Strong leadership qualities and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
- Willingness to relocate – this position is located in Berlin
We encourage potential candidates to apply who don’t precisely match the job experience but have comparable backgrounds.
What we offer
- Autonomy and responsibility over your own projects
- A key role in a young, dynamic deep-tech company with high ambitions and a highly-qualified international team building products we love
- Working on leading-edge technology and ample opportunities to bring in your own ideas
- Collaborating with international brands to enhance products that provide new and meaningful experiences for millions of people
- A big and open office located in a vibrant part of Berlin-Kreuzberg
Lofelt is elevating digital customer experiences through haptics. Our aim is to provide the most remarkable haptic experiences on the market – spearheading the adoption of high-definition haptics in mobile, AR/VR, headset and gaming industries. We are currently working with world-renowned brands to improve the user experience in some of the most recognized consumer products on the market.
Recent product launches with Lofelt’s technology include Razer Nari Ultimate and Teenage Engineering OP-Z. In October 2019, Lofelt launched the first design tool for authoring realistic haptic experiences: Lofelt Composer.
Our company is built on ideas from different fields – and different people. We pride ourselves on the wonderfully diverse team we’ve put together and are committed to an inclusive company culture as we expand and grow. We celebrate our differences and offer equal opportunity and consideration for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age.
Help us create the most remarkable haptic experiences of the future.
To apply, please fill out the application form below. We look forward to receiving your application!
More insights into the work at Lofelt can be found on our blog at https://lofelt.com/blog