Product Owner (Platform & Data)
We’re in a notoriously difficult industry that requires a ton of digitization, data security, and a rebrand when it comes to reputation. Can you guess what it is? Yep, it’s Insurance.
And we have a lot of work to do in order to help people feel more at ease when it comes to accessing information, signing up for plans, and submitting claims. Thankfully, after our funding round of €3.8 mil, we’re expanding to new countries, building new products, and setting up new teams to change the industry.
You’ll be leading our team as the product owner responsible for our B2B admin panel. In this role, you’ll have creative freedom, plus the ability to build your own team. Your main mission: implement a platform with a focus on customer experience and user-facing architecture to securely manage customer data between our app, our insurance partners, and affiliates.
The products you create with your team will be used by hundreds of people to make insurance a little less of a hassle and a lot more reliable.
Why apply to Feather?
- Change an industry. The role is a unique opportunity to build state-of-the-art products focusing on building and expanding our platform to support our rapid growth.
- We’re in the early stage of growing fast. You’ll be joining us when the company is still small (~30 people) and you’ll be able to experience its growth (we’ve more than doubled each year). So, this is a very unique opportunity.
- You’ll decide where to work from. We are a remote company mostly hiring in Europe. You’ll be able to work anywhere so long that you stay close to the CET timezone.
- Choose your path to impact. We believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. You can always gather feedback from the smart, curious people across Feather but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls.
- Leadership experience. You have 2+ years of experience in a leadership position, whether that was product, tech, or design-focused, and you know how to guide a team towards success.
- You enjoy bringing clarity to ambiguous projects. You love breaking new ground and when faced with such a challenge, you think “let me have a go at it!”
- Embracing end-to-end ownership. You have a track record of success in owning the whole product lifecycle from ideation, through vision, requirements, roadmap, specifications to release, analysis, and iteration.
- Building processes that scale. You thrive at the intersection of process and tech and can build processes that scale customer-facing products as well as internal tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You know how to keep your audience engaged and can tailor your message for the audience at hand, whether that is your tech team, customer support, or external stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and German. While we speak English at Feather, our partners and external stakeholders often do not.
What you will be doing
- Leading a team of developers and designers towards success by defining the team’s roadmap, planning sprints, and running retrospectives.
- Working with our head of engineering to build a platform that stores and manages our complete user database and that is ready for our European expansion and beyond.
- Find solutions for regulatory requirements regarding the storage of user (health) data with our head of insurance and then implement them.
- Working with our insurance partners, affiliates, and HR contacts to iron out processes so they are efficient and ready to scale.
- Tell stories through data by building Metabase dashboards that visualize the impact your products are having (SQL proficiency is a plus).
- Draw in insights from across our entire company to ensure you build products that delight our users and support us as we grow.
What will the interview process look like?
- Brief questionnaire — Let us know how you work as a product owner (20m)
- Initial phone call — We’ll have a chat and get to know each other (10m)
- Technical interview — We’ll present you with a problem that we’re currently facing at Feather, and we’ll see how we can collaborate on solving it (1.5h)
- Getting to know the team — As a product owner you’ll interact with a cross-section of people at Feather so you’ll get to meet one of the members from our design, development, and operations teams (40m)
- Founder interview — You’ll be speaking to one of our founders (either Rob or Vincent) (30m)
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we are huge advocates for diversity and inclusion. From LGBTQ+ events to open discussions about eliminating bias, we highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.