Project Manager / Product Owner
Berlin Bytes is a young Creative Development Agency based in Prenzlauer Berg. We offer full-cycle digital services from UX/UI Design, Web Development to Marketing Services and Product Ownership to our clients. Our spectrum of clients ranges from upcoming Berlin Fashion Start-Ups to large Corporate Infrastructure Providers. This allows us to provide you with a great diversity of projects that matches your skills and aspirations.
Here at Berlin Bytes, we highly value diversity and a positive attitude. We are a team of Project Managers, Developers, Designers and Copywriters. While we are working hard to achieve our goals, we still think that there is room for fun and a good laughs.
What you will be doing
- Be the CEO of your projects: Understand which final output contributes to your client’s business value and guide the project through Design and Development
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients providing solutions to seemingly hopeless problems and holding the client accountable to the agreed project guidelines
- Run Project Discovery Phases using Requirement’s Engineering Techniques to help clients crystalize their ideas into specific user stories and system requirements
- Drive projects from initially ambiguous states by setting clear Roadmaps including Milestones, Deadlines, and Quality Gates
- Nothing is too small to not specify: Write and organize solid tasks or tickets that are actionable for developers, designers and copywriters
- Thoroughly test features across browsers and devices
- Full accountability for all financial management of projects, including maintaining accurate financial reporting
- Create detailed documentation for non-technical users
- Fluency in German and English
- 2 years of experience successfully delivering complex IT projects and leading project teams
- High affinity for digital solutions and design allowing you to think in User Journeys, System Requirements and Data Flows
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks before they occur and to develop mitigation and avoidance strategies in a software development context
- Organizing tasks, timelines and procedures gives you great intrinsic satisfaction
- Excellent oral and written communication including strong presence with Executive Stakeholders
- Completed university degree in the fields of business informatics, business administration or equivalent experience
- SCRUM Certification (PSPO or PSM) and knowledge of agile and classical PM methods
- Ability to consult and train clients on use of E-Commerce Platforms and Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress or Shopify)
- Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization, Analytics and Digital Marketing
- Basic understanding of REST APIs, Source Control Systems (Git), HTML and CSS
- New MacBook Pro M1, Double 4k Screen Setup
- Office located directly at Volkspark Friedrichshain
- Home Office: We are a team and value the personal face-to-face interaction. Therefore we expect our team to come into our office around 2-3 days per week. You will have a fulltime desk available for you in case you want to come in every day. Occasional Workations are of course fine!
- We compensate your professional and private CO2 emissions.
- Coffee option optimized for quantity
- Coffee option optimized for quality
- Free juice
- Office BBQ and drinks every two weeks
- Company Day and Party once a quarter
Job Practical Details
Holidays: 27 days per year
The application process will consist of a short vibe check with our Founder, a take-home case study and a final interview.