Senior Product Analyst (m/f/d)
The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
Analyze data that matters.
At ResearchGate your work will help over 20 million scientists and researchers solve global challenges. Whether studying the first moments of our universe, developing innovative cancer treatments or tackling global warming, our users are making a real difference.
As a Product Analyst at ResearchGate, you will work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to generate valuable insights for product discovery and development processes. You will support the company’s data-informed decision culture and ensure user and customer insights are integrated into our strategy and decision-making process the right way.
Most importantly, you and the team will make an impact for 20+ million scientists around the world, who themselves have an impact on 8 billion peoples’ lives via their research.
- Use data to identify, prioritize and answer questions essential to the product discovery and development process
- Generate actionable insights to shape our product strategy via exploratory data analyses
- Ensure data-informed decision making by defining, implementing and monitoring key metrics in dashboards
- Support the planning process by forecasting impact of potential new features
- Align tracking requirements with product management and engineering teams
- Motivate the product team by communicating relevant insights effectively
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics role
- Very strong proficiency in SQL
- 3+ years of experience with at least one statistical programming language (R or Python are a plus)
- Strong analytical thinking and product management knowledge
- Experience with A/B testing and its statistical foundations
- Strong knowledge of descriptive statistics, intermediate knowledge of inferential statistics
- 3+ years of work experience in a digital product company
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into actionable metrics and analyses
- Domain knowledge in advertising tech is a plus
- You love to work with data as much as you enjoy communicating your findings to an interested audience
- You are excited about finding ways to help our product teams to provide more value to our customers using insights derived from data
- You are comfortable working at the interface between business and analytics
- You are a strong team player and know that results come from great people working together around meaningful ideas
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You’ll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you’ll be interviewed by the people you’ll be working with.
We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19, with the protection of the health and safety of our people being our highest priority. All interviews will be conducted virtually (via phone or video).