(Senior) Product Manager – Core Platform (m/f/x)
UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. Our developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a (Senior) Product Manager (m/f/x) to join our Core Platform team, and help us continue developing products with no administrative constraints where users can do business safely and at scale.
About the role:
- Discover, prioritize, define, and implement product requirements, roadmap and strategy for one, or more of our products
- Take responsibility for implementation and maintenance of product management best practices (e.g. feedback digestion, internal roadmap communication, product performance tracking, etc.)
- Be one with your high performing cross-functional product team, with members that cover roles in design, front-end, back-end, data science and QA
- Closely collaborate with the Head of Product in order to align on high level business and product requirements
- Align with Engineering team leads, to plan and execute on key features that solve customer needs and deliver real business value
- Together with the Product Designers discover problems and explore solutions that address product needs proactively
- Work closely with customers to understand market requirements and build strategy based on market analysis. Become their voice internally and translate their feedback into the product
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to communicate the benefits of our platform to the industry and with Customer Support to document our product so users get the best of it from the get go
- Engage with the Business Development team to get direct feedback from the sales and partnerships frontline, use that information to augment product decision making
- Several years of experience in product management in a data-driven and B2B environment, with experience on user and access management, revenue operations, and other B2B platform building blocks (invoicing, payment management, pricing model implementation, back-office tooling, etc.)
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products and features, as well as strong interest and understanding of technical architecture, development tools, etc.
- Sound business case development and good knowledge of planning, monitoring and controlling techniques
- Ability to run a dual set up with discovery and solutioning for future development work, mixed with sprint planning and execution for ongoing tasks
- Comfortable and familiar with owning the business impact of the product
- Proven ability to influence teams without formal authority, excellent teamwork skills
- Experience in market analysis and determining customers’ needs by obtaining market information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.